Sign in to follow this  
JohnD1956

Forum Breakfast South Bend Wrap up

@Stealth Bob,

You know that the payment for sending it a year later is that when driving this way again, you will have to stop and drink some Serbian

slivovitza.

@Stealth Bob,

You know that the payment for sending it a year later is that when driving this way again, you will have to stop and drink some Serbian

slivovitza.

Your on Stevo!

Lol, I have a feeling those Marley glasses will be making a trip to the next forum breakfast you attend. Package them well so they don't get broken!:)

I was going to complain that there are no names on any of the photos, then I realized that's part of what an online forum is all about - anonymity. Unless we happen to post a photo of ourselves, we all remain faceless and somewhat ageless to each other. Here, we're each just a username, maybe a location, and a Buick (or three). We don't need to know about each other's jobs or families; our limited relationships are focussed on a shared hobby and the stories we spin around that.

What seems to make the National Meet Forum Breakfast so special is that it smashes all that, by exposing real people to each other in a concentrated, comfortable setting. Guess I'll experience that for myself next summer, in Portland.

Yep... LOL. "Dandy Dave!" is already famous around more than one circle. They call my number at the Forum Breakfast ( So unlucky 13.) and the man in charge says, "Oh, it's Dandy Dave!" No need to introduce myself. Everyone already knew...:cool: Yup, I is famous! ;) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Looks like fun! Good motivation to show up next year in Portland!

Lamar, Sorry I was "a bit" slow in getting your prize sent to you. Don't be frightened when you first open it. That was "Lamar on a stick" when John was filling in for you, but he kept the stick. I think it should arrive today. John

It did indeed and I just opened it. Rita loves her new 49 convertible (she'll probably sell all the 54's and buy one when I am gone) and I will use the ashtray with my next cigar. Thanks to whoever brought them and thanks for getting it to me John.

Well at least you got it in the same year as the meet was held....

Also anything broken?

Stevo is too nice to say but I have a confession, the dammed glass broke in the box!!

I must have not packed it as good as I thought I did, hard to ship a hunk of metal and a beer glass in the same box I guess.

Sorry Stevo, I will bring you something nice the next time I am by.

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but with all the butterfingers (from toast? Vegemite? bacon?) around, we may need to consider instituting a "no glass" rule. It almost sounded like one of those celebrations where people are intentionally throwing glasses around.

I think we need to ask the NMC to add "buick forum" name to the Registration form so it gets printed on our name tags?

That's just a 5(five) year old idea!

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but with all the butterfingers (from toast? Vegemite? bacon?) around, we may need to consider instituting a "no glass" rule. It almost sounded like one of those celebrations where people are intentionally throwing glasses around.

Rules?!?!?! We don't need no stinkin rules!!!! I was sorry to see gifts getting broken but it was kinda funny by the time John Scheib threw that candle holder on the ground...And now Stevo's glass gift from last year gets broken too. LOL...

Just joking John... but I did think it was kinda funny when that thing burst into a billion shards.

I think we need to ask the NMC to add "buick forum" name to the Registration form so it gets printed on our name tags?

I wrote my Forum name on my tag. Dandy Dave!

Rules?!?!?! We don't need no stinkin rules!!!! I was sorry to see gifts getting broken but it was kinda funny by the time John Scheib threw that candle holder on the ground...And now Stevo's glass gift from last year gets broken too. LOL...

Just joking John... but I did think it was kinda funny when that thing burst into a billion shards.

John did WHAT??!!!!!~ rofl.gif Dayummm...Sounds like I missed a good one......

John did WHAT??!!!!!~ rofl.gif Dayummm...Sounds like I missed a good one......

Yeah, he done dood it. And I done watched the whole thing....:o I just feel so sorry for the candle holder, or the holder of the candle...Well, all y'all knows what I means... Dandy Dave!

Well, a lot of the NMC members lurk here, maybe...

I wrote my Forum name on my tag. Dandy Dave!

I did too, or else no one knows who I am.

Oh, we all know who YOU are..........By the way, Young Frankenstein is my all time best favorite movie ever.

Back to the candle holder - it just levitated of the table. I just happened to be closest. I never had a hand on it, or the table. That's the truth. Must have been Lamar's spirit. That's my theory. John

Back to the candle holder - it just levitated of the table. I just happened to be closest. I never had a hand on it, or the table. That's the truth. Must have been Lamar's spirit. That's my theory. John

LMFAO I figured 'something' would get blamed on me even if I wasn't there. Somebody must have opened the bottle of clear liquid and let my spirit out.

Stealth Bob, don't worry about it. I should have been there and it would not have been broken. Sad to say I was at the first forum breakfast ( one of the organizers) but due to family commitments, not able to attend since Flint. Again, maybe in the near future.

Stevo