Just wondering about the 1932 Buick 67s

Guest EvanRenck

Guest EvanRenck

For starters this is my first post to AACA forums and I'm glad I found that something like this exists. I'm 17 years old and am helping to restore my grand fathers '32 67s and we have hit some snags here and there. Besides a whole list of parts I have to hunt for, we are having issues trying to figure out what went wrong in the engine. So this car sat in his barn for over 50 years, and although out of the weather, it sat with water in the radiator until it probably rusted a big enough hole in the water jacket to run out. Another issue is that even though the the pistons move up and down without issue when you crank it, the teeth on the fiber(almost plasticky?) gear connected to the cam shaft have been grinded away on the side touching the crank shaft gear. the cam shaft wont budge when trying to turn it, and none of the push rods have any up and down play ( we already have the head off and sent to a machine shop). The water pump wouldn't spin(or move at all for that matter) when we took that whole side off but everything else seemed to be in good shape. Oh, and holy crap, this has got to be the greasiest motor in the whole world. Inches of sludge and wax doesn't even begin to describe it. Well either way, I hope anyone can give me advice or comments or any information they can give, I will be thrilled if I can get any information before we break something forever.

Welcome to forum

Where do you live (town-state) ?

Worth joining the BCA as the blue link below

Have a look here Buick - Pre War where most pre war Buick addicts hang out

Several 1932 Buick owners here

Some useful links in this thread http://forums.aaca.org/f165/1940-buick-special-3rd-owner-1st-348876.html

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest EvanRenck

Thanks for the help guys! By the way I am in California. Pulling the engine out does not sound like a fun time.