What year is this Dodge grill from?

Guest i95allday

Guest i95allday
Somewhere between 1941 and 1948.

Thanks.. Do you know if it is worth salvaging? I found this while metal detecting a civil war camp in Virginia.

Guest i95allday
That piece is still good, save it. A stainless guru can straighten the bright work too.

Hey thanks... I will certainly try and save it. It's locked in the woods pretty deep but shouldn't take an hour or so for me and my buddy to drag her out. I have been looking at this for years now while Metal Detecting this Civil War camp and often wondered if someone out there could use it. Thanks.

Nope, it's in the thirties as I checked my 40's book! It's not a Dodge car, it's a Dodge truck and it's a 39. click on the link;

http://www.allpar.com/photos/shows/MiM/1941-dodge-pickup.jpg

I am pretty certain that the 1939 and 1940 did not have the four extra vents in the center just below the stainless.....the blowup is 1941 and later. The full truck photo is of a 1939....

post-37352-143142023559_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142023563_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Although similar the headlights are in the valley between the grille and fender on the 39-40 while they are on the crown of the fender on the 41-47. I can't see enough of the right fender to see the hole in your pic but I can see it wasn't in the valley.one exception to this rule is the "VC" military trucks which kept the 39-40 parts into the war(including the bulb headlights).