Sign in to follow this  
marcovf

1956 Lincoln Premier

Hello - I am the new owner of a 1956 Premier - Vin #56WA27337L. The vehicle I bought has been refurbished and looks brilliant - delivery is set for next week to me. I have searched the web for a VIN Decoder for this vehicle and am able to find general information but nothing specific. The car I have bought is a convertible and I would like to know if it was born that way or if it has been modified to become a convertible. I am also interested in knowing what the original color was and so forth. If anyone can help me in my detective work - I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi.

More information from the data plate is needed to give you the complete story on your car. The number you have posted breaks down as follows: 56 (year of manufactur), WA is the symbol for the assembly plant which is Wayne, Michigan), the following 5 digits are the vehicle serical number and the L stands for Lincoln.

The data plate will show the body style, paint color, interior trim, and the conv top color. Publish those numbers and they will show the additional information you are asking about.

Great vehicle and a great purchase. PUt the top down and have fun. You wil lbe envied.