Grinding, scratching, rattling, weird noise

B C

Ok so, after I cleaned the injectors using seafoam doing it like this Cleaning The Fuel System With Seafoam - Reatta Owners Journal I noticed now there is a weird sound coming from the manifold or somewhere around that area. It sounds like something inside is grinding and groaning and rattling. When I push on it, it's still there. Just out for some input on what it might be or if its nothing.

Note: No loss of power or anything out of the ordinary other than my idle being really bad.

Personally I thought even before I did this the engine sounded horrible, maybe its just me, but it shudders and surges 100rpm, still cant find out why.

NOISES - YouTube I think this will be my link to the useless video I made. Maybe one of you can hear it faintly?

Harmonic balancer is fine, if thats what youre getting at

Never count anything out before you check, not saying it is the balancer. I installed a brand new one and it broke into three pieces in two days. On to the noise. Sounds to me like you have a bad roller or something close to it. I would purchase a stethoscope (like $15) and give it a good listening to.

Guest MercWagn

So your noise is coming from the driver's side. I believe I heard the noise in the video. Have you removed the starter and inspected the flywheel? I've yet to look at my starter/trans very closely, but some automobiles have an inspection plate that allows you to observe the flywheel.

I know GM used starter shims, perhaps something is amiss in this area. I had a car that had this issue and it could sound horrendous.

Good luck!