Will a 1931 engine and trans work in a 30 ? DODGE

I believe they will fit in the same space. The only big difference that I can think of is that the 1930 exhaust dumps out at the front of the engine and the 1931 exhaust dumps out at the rear of the engine. Not certain if the front engine mounts are the same.

post-37352-143142000611_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142000614_thumb.jpg

I was thinking more of the engines fitting in the same space. Where the exhaust dumps out may make a difference. The distributor and a few other items are not really an issue when it comes to that. There ARE modifications that you will have to make as far as accelerator/throttle/choke cable linkages & such, too. The more I think about it, the more I am thinking that it will not be an easy switch.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I was thinking more of the engines fitting in the same space. Where the exhaust dumps out may make a difference. The distributor and a few other items are not really an issue when it comes to that. There ARE modifications that you will have to make as far as accelerator/throttle/choke cable linkages & such, too. The more I think about it, the more I am thinking that it will not be an easy switch.
Thanks, my brain out to lunch

Is he able to retrieve the engine number or the frame number ? That should lend clues shouldn't it ? Or, you could just have him do a search for the various types of 6 cylinders that were available for the roadster that Dave suggested and have him confirm that way.

To DC-8 Dave,

the DA 6 was also an option for the Roadster was it not ? Were the options available in 1930 as follows DB, DA, DC and DD ? DB being the Senior Six ? Just trying to learn something here, thanks for any help.

Seems to me the owner of the Roadster needs the DD 6 model then if I'm correct in my assumption? DC being an 8 cyl, DA and DB both have the dist. cap on top. Don't know anything about the DD, does anyone have any pics of one ?

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Is he able to retrieve the engine number or the frame number ? That should lend clues shouldn't it ? Or, you could just have him do a search for the various types of 6 cylinders that were available for the roadster that Dave suggested and have him confirm that way.

To DC-8 Dave,

the DA 6 was also an option for the Roadster was it not ? Were the options available in 1930 as follows DB, DA, DC and DD ? DB being the Senior Six ? Just trying to learn something here, thanks for any help.

Seems to me the owner of the Roadster needs the DD 6 model then if I'm correct in my assumption? DC being an 8 cyl, DA and DB both have the dist. cap on top. Don't know anything about the DD, does anyone have any pics of one ?

You are correct about the various models avail in 1930, assuming it is a 1930 model you would also be correct on the engine needed but of course without doing more homework to verify what exactly he is working with its anyone's guess.