Sign in to follow this  
groinky

Series 13 hood

Here is a question for Series 130 owners regarding the hood. My car has two holes on each upper hood panel, one near the grille shell and one near the cowl. What are they for, and does some kind of plug go in them. :confused: Let me know your thoughts. Thanks Jim

There are supposed to be chrome plated 'buttons' here, threaded, nuts on the underside. These buttons rested against each other with the hood open and folded over to eliminate paint damage.

Tom

Thanks Tom. That makes perfect sense. Is there a supplier for these or perhaps I could try chrome plated carriage bolts? The 1929 Series 130 rumbleseat coupe is about two weeks away from the end of a complete restoration. Then I will take it for it's first drive in about 40 years. It should be making it"s first ever appearance at the Trek in 2014, Nancy and I won't be attending this year. Instead we are taking our 1922 Series 10B V windshield on a 300 mile antique car tour around southern Nova Scotia. Best Regards Jim

I will dig to see if I have a set, but I think I gave away my only set. Someone's got some. Otherwise, simple to make. I'll look.

I sure wish I could join you in Nova Scotia!

I just got a 9B V-windshield. I can't stay out of it, it's so nice to drive!

Tom

I'm jealous that you are driving your Series 9. I have only driven one and it was great fun. I have an original 9B Touring that came from Conn. It has the original leather interior and what appears to be the original top. The jugs are off the car, but they have been completely redone, right down to new spark plugs. All the nickel was replated in 1978 and wrapped up in newspapers. It is all a 10 out of ten. As soon as the Series 130 is completed I will start the Series nine. I'm going to keep it as original as possible,warts and all. The plan is to have it on the road in 2014. Then comes the 1940 Ford Deluxe Station wagon. These cars keep following me home.

If you need to see it I can send a picture of mine. I made them out of Stainless steal and polished them.

If I remember correcyly I just took a 1/4 inch bolt and turned the head down to the round button and then ploished them.

If you do not have the equipment to do this just let me know and I will make you a set.

I wish I could post pictures but I still need help running my phone. I sent some to you via e-mail. They were made from 5/16 bolts. Just cut the hex off in a lathe and put a slight crown on the top. polish and install. Look on the tech sight for the print if you want to make them to pure specs.

just looked up the part number. It is print number 40468 the problem is it was a purchased part and only shows the order form.

Maybe this will help. Here's a picture w/nut & washer and separate. It's 1/4-20NC.

Billpost-93490-143141999714_thumb.jpg

post-93490-143141999696_thumb.jpg