1936 Special progress

groselle

I'm in the process of relocating across the country later this summer so I've been desperately trying to get the Buick ready to travel. Finally got it 90% painted and back together so I'd thought I'd post a few pictures. It's my first paint job and was done in my garage. Looks great from 20 feet just don't get any closer.

post-36877-143141993509_thumb.jpg

post-36877-143141993444_thumb.jpg

post-36877-14314199348_thumb.jpg

Thanks, it really didn't turn out too bad. There are a couple of nasty runs in places. I may get brave enough and see if I can color sand them out, but that will have to wait until after the big move. The car was originally "Francis Creme", which is yellow. I saw a 1936 Ford at a car show that was this color of blue and decided I liked that color better. I'll finish it off with a red pinstripe down the side and matching red stripes on the wheels. The paint I used was from Omni (a budget line from PPG). I used their MP Series Epoxy Primer and top coated with with MTK Acrylic Urethane.

Greg

Greg,

I found your web site a few years ago when I got my '37 Special. Very inspirational, especially when I encountered a set back with my project.

I've a lot done on my rust bucket Special, I plan to post an update soon.

Where are you moving to, you said across the country?