Texas Road Warriors....With the Luck of the Irish

Bill Stoneberg

Willie - it was great hanging out and visiting with you and everyone else - thanks to you and JohnD for introducing me to so many other members - this was only my second meet and you all made me feel very welcome (and survived the vegemite right of passage) - what a terriffic crew. And the breakfast was really fun. Got the picture of the two 55's on my desktop - it is neat to see the Texas and NY plates side by side as "proof" :) Drove about 1400 miles (640 each way plus dinkin' around town), used - or loosed - about 2 qts of oil, ave 15.7 mpg, drove about 70-75ish most of the way. Guess I don't have much engine blowby after you schooled me up. The rebuilt dynaflow seems to have developed a front seal leak, otherwise dry. Boy, when that thing hooks up now on the highway, it takes very little throttle to hold speed. Swear I'm down less than a 1/4 inch on the pedal. Look forward to seeing everyone again!

Willie - it was great hanging out and visiting with you and everyone else - thanks to you and JohnD for introducing me to so many other members - this was only my second meet and you all made me feel very welcome (and survived the vegemite right of passage) - what a terriffic crew. And the breakfast was really fun. Got the picture of the two 55's on my desktop - it is neat to see the Texas and NY plates side by side as "proof" :) Drove about 1400 miles (640 each way plus dinkin' around town), used - or loosed - about 2 qts of oil, ave 15.7 mpg, drove about 70-75ish most of the way. Guess I don't have much engine blowby after you schooled me up. The rebuilt dynaflow seems to have developed a front seal leak, otherwise dry. Boy, when that thing hooks up now on the highway, it takes very little throttle to hold speed. Swear I'm down less than a 1/4 inch on the pedal. Look forward to seeing everyone again!

And I can attest to the ride quality!! LIKE A BUICK!!!

Ben

JD - Where are you ?? Willies gone and done it again! Theres lots of time to solution the challenge. :)

40 hrs of driving. Each way. Death Valley vultures in summer. :cool: Gas cans bungee corded to the trunk. Time to check the vacation backlog. Week to drive out, slab of vegemite and Texas Pete sauce on toast at the forum breakfast, week to drive back. Pick up some fellow caravaners on the way out.

Has the makings of a movie....

Hmmm. Do those auto travel trains go to the west coast?

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)