Model 20 Oil Seal

MochetVelo

Could anyone recommend a rear axle seal for the Model 20? My car has "National 50045" which has a

1-13/16" O.D., 1-1/8" I.D., 3/8" depth. The only similar size I found was in the U.K., a "181 112 25" (that's the OD, ID, and depth on decimal inches). There seem to be dozens of types of seal, but the spring-loaded nitrile seems the best. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Most listings I see online are by application (ie; "1986 Chevy Blazer") and not size.

Phil

I've ordered an NOS pair of National 50045 seals I found, oddly, on an electronics web page. These are the leather type with a little coil spring which holds the leather against the shaft. Though not what I'll probably use, I can take then to a seal place and try for a match.

Phil

Here are the two N.O.S. oil seals that match the ones on my car. Not sure if Hupp originally used the National 50045, but they fit. You can see the coil spring that holds the leather seal against the axle in one. I'll try using these to see what modern seal might fit.

Phil

post-52500-143142006744_thumb.jpg