How do I attach headliner to this front panel?

fozz71

This is an image of the front panel of my '28 Vic 6- preparing for headliner installation. How does the headliner get affixed to the front panel? Glue, tack to something or is something missing here? Thanks, Jim

post-76327-143141977797_thumb.jpg

Guest 1930

You are missing some trim pieces, that heavy hardware is prob. going to have to go or be re-vamped. the upholstery throughout the car was attached to the wooden portion of the interior or the tack strips, it can be attached with staples, glue, whatever you decide will work best in the particular situation.

This is an image of the front panel of my '28 Vic 6- preparing for headliner installation. How does the headliner get affixed to the front panel? Glue, tack to something or is something missing here? Thanks, Jim

The header on my '29 DA was a piece of wood w/ countersunk bolts that went into holes in the metal.....looks like you've got the bolt holes between the large rectangular / rounded stamped holes. The upholstery was tacked to this wood......this is a similar installation as the header pieces are over the doors.

Guest 1930
So, are you guys saying that I am missing a wooden tacking strip that gets affixed along the top of that panel?

Look at the picture in post # 2, click on it twice to make it larger, you will see how the mirror bracket is sandwiched between the two pieces of wood, you are missing the front or outer piece and yes its wood

Jason, I see what you mean- a whole new and covering panel mounts above the rear view mirror. My metal panel, as you can see from the 1st pic, is rusty and any screw holes are long gone, so I am working on figuring out how to nail the headliner to the front and get that covering panel to stay in place...not an easy task. I may try and drill/tap some screws or small bolts to it.