Adventures at the DMV This Week With A 40 Year Old Car

tom82baur

[h=3]The whole sordid story is really too long to post completely in here, so here it is broken up into digestible segments.

Enjoy!

Baurspotting vs. DMV: A Tragedy In Four Parts. OK Maybe Five.[/h]Baurspotting: Baurspotting vs. DMV: A Tragedy In Four Parts. OK Maybe Five.

[h=3]Baurspotting vs. DMV Part II: Curses, Foiled Again![/h]Baurspotting: Baurspotting vs. DMV Part II: Curses, Foiled Again!

[h=3]Baurspotting vs. DMV III: Old Age and Cunning Triumph Over Bureaucracy and Red Tape![/h]Baurspotting: Baurspotting vs. DMV III: Old Age and Cunning Triumph Over Bureaucracy and Red Tape!

[h=3]Baurspotting vs. DMV Part IV: The Empire Strikes Back![/h]Baurspotting: Baurspotting vs. DMV Part IV: The Empire Strikes Back!

[h=3]Baurspotting vs. DMV Part V: Yes, Virginia, There IS a Santa Claus[/h]Baurspotting: Baurspotting vs. DMV Part V: Yes, Virginia, There IS a Santa Claus

Edited by tom82baur (see edit history)

Guest 37Packard

I sure am glad that I don't live in Connecticut. There are rarely any lines at the two local DMV offices here in Oldham County, KY. They will verify the VIN themselves for an additional fee of $5 and the most time I have ever spent in either office is half an hour, and I have registered at least a dozen antique cars there in the last 10 years. I'm usually out of there in less than 15 minutes. Of course I always go on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon around 2 PM to avoid the morning "crowds" of 3-5 people in line and when all of the clerks are back from their lunch breaks. Great story....