1950 Chevy Styleline Special Trunkk Weather Strip Installation

STuTZ693

I need help with the installation of the Steele trunk weatherstrip. I purchased the weather strip kit from Steele and for the life of me I can not figure out the correct orientation of the weather strip that goes on the trunk lid. I have not called Steele yet.

I want to be sure before I glue it on.

The weather strip was not on the trunk lid so I have no reference.

A photo would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Guest Bob Call

Dan

I believe the weather strip goes around the truck opening of the body and not on the trunk lid. I once had a 51 Chevy but I don't recall if the strip fit entirely in the recess around the opening or partially on the lip and partially in the recess. Maybe someone can post a photo showing a closeup so you can see how it fits.

Thanks Bob and Ben. My weatherstripping is to like Ben describes on his Buick.

I have tried different way of putting the trunk lid rubber on and it interferes with the closing of the lid.

Ben: I would like to see a photo of the trunk lid rubber on the side of the trunk lid and also at the bottom if possible. You can email the photos to me at dandithomas@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Bob and Ben. My weatherstripping is to like Ben describes on his Buick.

I have tried different way of putting the trunk lid rubber on and it interferes with the closing of the lid.

Ben: I would like to see a photo of the trunk lid rubber on the side of the trunk lid and also at the bottom if possible. You can email the photos to me at dandithomas@aol.com.

Thanks in advance.

Dan, I am unable to send pics at present. But can confirm your Chevy is as I suspected. Just saw a '52. I your kit should be a couple of short pieces for the top corners of the body opening. Fiddle around with these until they seem right. Then there should be two other pieces. The body piece should be shorter than the other.

I will try getting pics as soon as I can.

Ben

Thanks Ben,

The kit I have is as you described. The top piece and the two corner pieces are in place and OK. I will keep fiddling with the trunk lid rubber. I know it will work but do not want to use the weatherstrip adhesive until I am sure of the placement. I will try using a reposition type adhesive to the trail runs. A photo would be nice.