restoration help!

Guest classic_don

Guest classic_don

hey everyone i am planning on restoring some classic vehicles. Right now im looking at a 1939 dodge sedan and a 1957 chevy bel air. there are times where I think i was born in the wrong era haha. I'm not looking at making them rat rods just going all original as I can. I have never done anything like this before so any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to see them again today and take some pictures and tryu and post them up. thanks!

I would make a list of what you need for each vehicle and then scroll down to the "Chevrolet" forum and the "Dodge and Dodge Brothers" forum and post your needs there for a start.

Guest classic_don

Here's the 1957 bel air I'm looking at...this one Runs fine just needs mostly body work ill get the 39 tomorrow due to it starting to pour today lol but the 39 doesn't run and is going to need a whole lot of work

post-94809-143141971273_thumb.jpg

post-94809-143141971276_thumb.jpg

post-94809-143141971277_thumb.jpg

post-94809-143141971279_thumb.jpg

post-94809-143141971283_thumb.jpg

That's great Don. You can drive the 57 while you work on the 39. Then you won't feel rushed and take your time. You can always do things to the 57 as you go while driving it. Have fun, keep us posted!

Well said!

Guest My27ChryslerModel50

Congrats!.. Ive restored 4 cars on my 5th now.. and boy did I learn a lot over the years.. Good luck and ask any questions..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic50s

That is a nice looking 57. Those stove bolt sixs are bullet proof! I had one 5 years ago (3rd owner, sitting in a field for a few decades) but after a tune up and some tlc got that 235 running like a watch and drove it to high school. Boy i loved that 3 on the tree to! I graduated from Chevrolets to Buicks now. I am all to soft for a heavily chromed 50s Buick. Now my project is a 1959 LeSabre 2 door hardtop with dealer AC. The guys are right. Drive the 57 until the Dodge is finished. Driving a classic has its own rewards! Keep us up to date on the progress!

Josh

• 1 month later...

Here is a 4 door that we restored a few years back great car and being a 4 door post it looks better to me than a 2 door and probably now more rare! post-91923-143142181945_thumb.jpg I train young hoodlums at my shop to do these cars and they learn right quick it takes commitment, desire and determination to pull it off! Just remember when things get tough and your frustrated, there are a few others pulling an all nighter as well, so keep at it and you'll enjoy the rewards!

post-91923-143142181938_thumb.jpg

post-91923-143142181948_thumb.jpg

post-91923-14314218195_thumb.jpg

Edited by auto doug (see edit history)

Guest Trish Seay

I am looking for someone to restore my 1958 Rollsmobile, the 1901 Oldsmobile 3/4 scale replica. I live in the Western Kentucky area but am willing to ship the car with all parts to a reputable restoration artist. This is an heirloom piece from a dear, dear friend so only serious inquiries will be considered. I can be reached at patriciaseay@aol.com and can and will send photos for negotiation purposes.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->