he has a 54 convertable that he has had for more than 40 years

he wanted me to look at it and give him a far price for the car

i looked at it

and oh boy

in the bottom of an old barn, rusted threw all over the car

has not run sence i do not know when

plates on it say 78

rough, rough, rough

does anyone know what something like this might even be worth?

at most its parts for something else

would take a complete donor car to even start this one

thanks

Greg

Do you know what model it is?
Roy is spot on. It makes a huge difference IMO and maybe others opinion. Is it complete including interior panels for patterns? Roadmaster rough convertible? Maybe 1 comes up for sale annually and there are collectors that would take a run at it, probably a $2000 to $5000 car. Special convertible in rough condition, maybe $2000 to $3000. Century convertibles - see Roadmaster. Super- seen as about the same as a Special convertible, a $2000 to $3000 car. "Solid" 50's Buick convertible projects run about $10,000, so rusty ones in very poor conditions are about 20%-50% of that amount. I agree Lamar is the expert on valuation but more importantly he is the expert on WHAT it would take to resurrect the car (cost and parts availability)

Roy is spot on. It makes a huge difference IMO and maybe others opinion. Is it complete including interior panels for patterns? Roadmaster rough convertible? Maybe 1 comes up for sale annually and there are collectors that would take a run at it, probably a $2000 to $5000 car. Special convertible in rough condition, maybe $2000 to $3000. Century convertibles - see Roadmaster. Super- seen as about the same as a Special convertible, a $2000 to $3000 car. "Solid" 50's Buick convertible projects run about $10,000, so rusty ones in very poor conditions are about 20%-50% of that amount. I agree Lamar is the expert on valuation but more importantly he is the expert on WHAT it would take to resurrect the car (cost and parts availability)

Parts availability is easy...go down to Jawga, ply MrEarl with some libations, and remove what you need from what is scattered about Buick Gardens. Now, that may end up costing you more in the long run than you are willing to pay.

Parts availability is easy...go down to Jawga, ply MrEarl with some libations, and remove what you need from what is scattered about Buick Gardens. Now, that may end up costing you more in the long run than you are willing to pay.

Don't forget the special closet of 54 Buick NOS that is in the "Buick Room"

I saw it once when I had the privilege of staying over night in the same room, I did have to pass by a metal detector on the way out though.

9156787530_1fa059728e_o.jpg