Sign in to follow this  
karasmer

Craigslist parts find parts ID help needed

post-78594-14314196572_thumb.jpg

Found a hole bunch of rims,seats, and small parts off a Craigslist ad, Can anybody Id the unknown (at least to me) small parts and the hood. Too bright out right now to get good photos of the rest. Thanks

post-78594-143141965676_thumb.jpg

post-78594-1431419657_thumb.jpg

The black air cleaner on the side of photo 2 looks like a Mopar one from 1937-1954 I believe. I have one on my 48 Plymouth.

The hood with no louvers is interesting. I would suggest that the two gas tanks are for some kind of stationary engine or implements. GM horn.

Agree the horns look 40's Delco. The gages look 29-30 Chevy. two gas tanks from a stationary engine. The hood sans louvers may mean that the hood merely covered the space while the engine was in the rear, looks 20's Hummmmmm.

The open rear roof of this 29 Chevy Landau convertible sedan reveals the three vertical footballs of the cluster. I think the 30 has round ones

29_chevy_cvt_landau_3-med.jpg

The hood doesn't look automotive to me. There doesn't seem to be enough of a taper, that a car would have from the cowl to the hood. The latches are too far up and, as noted, there are no louvers. It's an odd looking thing, for sure

I found some pics of 1930 Chevies with round gauges like the 31,then I found this pic supposedly of a 30 coupe. This reaffirms Curti's ID.

e36dk.jpg

How big are the two gas tanks? Are they for sale?

Thanks,

Dale

Coil on left is an Atwater Kent Type CC. The brass tag on top should tell if it is 6 or 12 volt. Howard Dennis

post-33891-143141968164_thumb.jpg

There is an accessory switch cover for the mid teens Model T Fords in the 2nd picture along with an accessory oil gauge - the cast iron thing with the wire sticking from the top.

post-78594-143141970638_thumb.jpgThe tanks are 6 1/4, 5 1/2 x12inch, the coil is marked 6volts. Now two Windshields and a seat I can not identify and that strange part with the pin that goes in and out.

post-78594-143141970597_thumb.jpg

post-78594-143141970619_thumb.jpg

.. and that strange part with the pin that goes in and out.

That is the oil gauge I mentioned above - the full windshield screams mid 20's Chevrolet to me, but I'm a Ford guy so it could be anything....

post-78594-143141972995_thumb.jpgHere are a couple other things, flares,switches, is that a coil tester?? floorboard metal for??? round rods for??? any value to the flares?

post-78594-143141972973_thumb.jpg

post-78594-143141973017_thumb.jpg

The rods are OHV push rods. Beats me what they fit. Maybe if you measure them, someone can identify