1936 Special - Fuel tank straps

I had to drop the tank so that I could put in the new harness and now that the old straps are off it only makes sense to replace them if I can.

Does anybody have a good source? It looks to me like the Dorman 578-007 should be an excellent match up but I wondered what others might have found.

Jeff

Hmm... took a closer look on this website Dorman 578-007 - Auto Parts Network

I measured mine and they are about 25.5" from the bent end to the end of the rod. The Dorman is listed as being 25" in length which is a bit shorter but should work.

Mine measure as a 1" width but the Dorman measures 2" in width. I could slice 1" off the bend so that the straps would fit the holes on my frame but I'll have to go look closer to see if having a wider strap would cause issues running across the tank itself.

Jeff

Jeff,

I built my own straps from a set of Chevy S-10 straps that I welded the front hook to made from 14 gage mild steel.

I used wash machine drain hose (soft rubber) slit longways, to line the top saddle rails. Nothing on the straps, as you need a good ground for the sending unit. But I ran a separate ground anyway.

Mike in Colorado