1915 Dodge Brothers Touring

DCE

I have a Touring Top that needs to be revitalized. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what product should be used to bring the otherwise excellent material back to color & life.

Thanks for everyone's comments. They are all appreciated.

Guest Bill Miller

Hi,

If original or restored to original style, your top should be two layers bonded together, black on the exterior and tan on the interior. The material itself is available from Haartz but if you just need to refurbish what you have, Meguiar's has a nice cleaning product for canvas tops. They don't make a black color dye that I'm aware of, however, so you might want to check out what your local detail shops use if you need to rejuvenate the color. By the way, I'm still looking for the photos I took of the Harrah's 1915 DB Touring. I know where they are not, so my search is becoming narrower.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information. I have the 15 home now and am getting it cleaned up etc. I look forward to the photos you are in search of.

Hi,

If original or restored to original style, your top should be two layers bonded together, black on the exterior and tan on the interior. The material itself is available from Haartz but if you just need to refurbish what you have, Meguiar's has a nice cleaning product for canvas tops. They don't make a black color dye that I'm aware of, however, so you might want to check out what your local detail shops use if you need to rejuvenate the color. By the way, I'm still looking for the photos I took of the Harrah's 1915 DB Touring. I know where they are not, so my search is becoming narrower.

Dale, Actually the '15 was listed as having a mohair top. The Hartz cloth or canvas was introduced later. It will still have a lighter color on the inside though rather like the later 'water proof' rubber inside type. Have fun with your new acquisition. Rodger "Dodger"