Nason Ultron Paint, Like Imeron (need hardener/ for sale)

Guest Daviondude

Guest Daviondude

I have several gallons of Nason Ultron paint (its suppose be an equivalent to Imeron in chemical composition, and Imeron hardener is suppose to work on it). I am looking to see if any one has any hardener for it or if people would like to buy it. From talking to an old paint expert he says Imeron was top of the line stuff. From what i can gather its some of the best paint you can get. We have 2 gallons of green (a blue green not yellow green), 4 gallons of blue, a gallon of violet red, a gallon of organic orange and 2 gallons of lemon yellow. All the paints are base colors. Also does anyone know how much it would be worth? I have an idea of price but i would like to get peoples opinions.

Thanks!

if you want to buy some paint you can post below or contact me through Daviondude@yahoo.com

There are two Imrons. The old (original) and Imron 5000.

Both are obsolete, The activator if available, cost more than a ready to spray modern paint. I have many new cans of Imron that I can not use because of that.

The only reason that I have not yet thrown them away is because of the disposial fees.

You also mention "base colors" in your post. Do you mean mixing colors? If so, they could only be used with a mixing bank.

Guest Daviondude

The stuff we have is the old stuff. I realize the problems, i wouldn't have posted here if i didn't know them. I have looked around and if you can get the Hardener it's some best stuff around (even now its good), it will last practicably forever, since it was used for aircraft. when i said base colors i did mean the mixing colors.

Thanks!

The old Imron was great stuff! I painted a truck over 18 years ago and it still did not need a repaint job.

It was really flexable and stuck like glue. The DuPont salesman brought around a sprayed sample that was sprayed on bare alum foil. Yoy could make a ball out of it and then unwrap it with out it flaking or cracking.

The only problem that it had was that it contained isocyanates which was really bad for your life expectation.

Regarding the hardener. I think the paint has a fairly long shelf life but the hardener or activator did not. Any activator left has probably timed out a long time ago.

Imron was tough stuff.

Cheers,Pat

Another problem with the activator was that if the temp. got below 32 degrees, the chemicials would come out of solution and when you painted with it, you ended up with a finish that looked as is you sprinkled sand over it.

(ask me how big the oil tanker was that I had to repaint twice before DuPont came up with the reason)