1930 & 1931 President 8 Studebaker

• 3 weeks later...

Forum rules state that ads must include prices. Here is the exerpt:

"IMPORTANT: Put either FS for "For Sale" or WTB for "Want to Buy" in the subject line along with the year, make and model.

EXAMPLE: FS - 1950 Plymouth Business Coupe

Please include the following information in the body of your post:

Year

Make

Model

Price

Description

Location (City, State, Country)

Contact Information (Name, Email and Phone)

EBAY URL if also listed on EBAY

Incomplete, overly commercial, or non-automotive related postings may be deleted without notice!"

Where were you seeing such rules Justin? it seems the number of your posts only are such ones, it seems you have time to lose... For me the price is not indispensable in the first ad. It is like the dealers who are not giving the prices in their websites. Some people can be crowded and prefer to discuss with the eventual buyer before to want a price for something they have cherished during years, sometimes a life.

I already said in some pages of this forum that the Ebay URL is not interesting but put the photos given in the ebay page is more important because the URL is cut after a cetain time. I can say the same thing regarding other local ads' publications where the pictures remain one or two weeks and disapear just when you wish to look to them. If the ads refer a name and acess contacts, they must be added to the AACA form ad too, it will be easier and a security too.

Where were you seeing such rules Justin? it seems the number of your posts only are such ones, it seems you have time to lose... For me the price is not indispensable in the first ad. It is like the dealers who are not giving the prices in their websites. Some people can be crowded and prefer to discuss with the eventual buyer before to want a price for something they have cherished during years, sometimes a life.

I already said in some pages of this forum that the Ebay URL is not interesting but put the photos given in the ebay page is more important because the URL is cut after a cetain time. I can say the same thing regarding other local ads' publications where the pictures remain one or two weeks and disapear just when you wish to look to them. If the ads refer a name and acess contacts, they must be added to the AACA form ad too, it will be easier and a security too.

Look at the Buy / Sell forum rules directly above this post.

Sorry, I was not finding that.

but do you not appreciate my comments about the pictures? It was the case some times ago with a Dragon Peerless some people whated pictures. It was offered and perhaps sold through Ebay and guys were giving the URL. The offer was closed from long time then nothing is appearing with the URL. Fortunately I had the pictures and the text.... but I am not interested by all the cars and I do not be there all the time so I think the others if interested by some cars they are knowing they will disappear to do like me.

Sincerely,

Philippe L. Hulet de Limal

Senior Bailiff

Orval (Florenville), Belgium

Sorry, I was not finding that.

but do you not appreciate my comments about the pictures? It was the case some times ago with a Dragon Peerless some people whated pictures. It was offered and perhaps sold through Ebay and guys were giving the URL. The offer was closed from long time then nothing is appearing with the URL. Fortunately I had the pictures and the text.... but I am not interested by all the cars and I do not be there all the time so I think the others if interested by some cars they are knowing they will disappear to do like me.

Sincerely,

Philippe L. Hulet de Limal

Senior Bailiff

Orval (Florenville), Belgium

Please do not accuse me of always trying to enforce the rules. This is literally the first time I have ever pointed to them in a post on this forum. Normally others beat me to it.

Of course we agree that pictures are nice and helpful for a variety of reasons but that is not the point. Nearly every forum on the internet has a sticky post at the top of it's classifieds forums detailing the posting rules. As Curt points out they are very visible at the top of this forum also.

Not posting a price sends the message, whether intentional or not, that the car is going to be very over-priced and not worth inquiring about. If the car is fairly priced then posting the price will speed its sale. These rules help the seller as much, and perhaps even more, than the prospective buying audience.

To get back on topic - if the original poster will revise the ad to include all required information then I'm sure a nice conversation will ensue and perhaps the cars will even find buyers here. The only reason I posted in the first place is because I think they are very nice cars and would like to see them find nice new homes. I'm only trying to help the seller.

Justin

Edited by Justin Kerns (see edit history)

To Justin: The roadster is on it's way to California. He got a very good deal. Now as for the Sedan I guess Justin you are not so interested as to just call. You might be surprised on how afordable a "Full Classic" might be. There's more information and pictures in the Studebaker forums........