322 nailhead intake and carburetor

NC-car-guy

Guest 54fins

It makes a huge difference. Unfortunately everyone wants the 4 barrel and they can be pricey for a manifold and carb

Guest kev012

Have a complete 322 for sale, not willing to part out,if you are interested but unit is in New Zealand, freight may be a issue, also have a dynaflo [overhauled] that does not fit this engine, bell housing is 1" larger, any suggestions on what year it is ? 1957? also for sale 2k nz

Have a complete 322 for sale, not willing to part out,if you are interested but unit is in New Zealand, freight may be a issue, also have a dynaflo [overhauled] that does not fit this engine, bell housing is 1" larger, any suggestions on what year it is ? 1957? also for sale 2k nz

I certainly could not afford to ship it from NZ to US. I have no idea on the trans... I'm sure someone will chime in though.

I have an intake and 4-barrel carburetor that I think came from a 322. It's the early style 4-barrel, square shape, Stromberg, I think. The carburetor will need to be gone through with a kit, as it has been sitting for a very long time. Give me a day or two to find it and come up with a photo. Pete Phillips, BCA #7338, Leonard, Texas

I have an intake and 4-barrel carburetor that I think came from a 322. It's the early style 4-barrel, square shape, Stromberg, I think. The carburetor will need to be gone through with a kit, as it has been sitting for a very long time. Give me a day or two to find it and come up with a photo. Pete Phillips, BCA #7338, Leonard, Texas

I appreciate it!

tag number?

Willie, if you're asking about the tag on the one pictured it looks like 2197S from where I'm sittin.

Pete, the 1952-1954 Stromberg Aeroquads (A-4) are some of the earliest (if not the first) 4 bbls and are popular with old school hot rodders and generally bring a pretty good price. They don't have tags, just numbers stamped on the flat top surface of the airhorn. I have a couple and can get the number if you need it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 54fins

The carter carbs are pretty tough, that looks like a nice setup. Since most people want to swap the 2 barrel intake for the 4 barrel, grab it quick- they are not easy to find. Makes a very noticeable difference, even on the 264.

• 4 weeks later...