1942 Cabriolet fender

Joeys1942

So this is my first post on here, and I am an owner of a 42 Cabriolet (127/136)....grandfather bought it in July 1950, and now she's mine. The d/s fender got smashed during transport...and I may replace it. Anyone know or have a d/s front fender for sale? Thanks in advance, Joe

So this is my first post on here, and I am an owner of a 42 Cabriolet (127/136)....grandfather bought it in July 1950, and now she's mine. The d/s fender got smashed during transport...and I may replace it. Anyone know or have a d/s front fender for sale? Thanks in advance, Joe

Did you get a fender? I have been out of town and just returned. I am in Fort Myers and have a good one in storage for a Zephyr. Lee Waldren

Welcome Joey! Sounds like you are an enthusiastic owner! Show us a photo - can never see too many Zephyr photos! Several guys putting together nice '42's in the LZOC.org club. One from Dallas, one near Pittsburgh at least, and many other 42's around you may want to get to know to source parts, trouble shoot, etc. Several things unique for the year, besides being rare, various windows that year, vac, hydraulic and manual, right?; Trannys always a hot topic for that year; top cylinders,... Have fun with er!!

Hi 40zeph, thanks for the input.... I am indeed a proud owner, and having the history of my car back to 42 is great. I am "only" 35 which probably makes me the young guy in the crowd amongst prewar cont & zeph owners. I plan to join the lzoc soon.