Sign in to follow this  
buckfarmer

1930 running board mouldings

Has anyone installed running board board mouldings recently? I just purchased a set of reproduction mouldings from l&l auto trim, but don't understand how to install them. There is 3 pieces the full length of the running board, I only expected 2. Does anyone know how to intall these?

Edited by buckfarmer (see edit history)

Michaelod has either just installed his from L&L or is about to. I am sure he will chime in with experience /instructions. Mine sit patiently in the box.

Dwight

Neil,

Not exactly sure what three pieces you are referring to. Are you saying you have 3 exactly the same for the outer edge?

Thanks,

I should have been clearer last night when I posted this. The package contains 6 pieces the length of the running board, 3 for each side. One piece is square on top and I believe it is for the back edge of the rubber. The next piece is obviously the front edge, but the third is a flat piece with a round over at the top that I think might go under the front moulding to help hold it in place. I will call l&l later today and see if I can get some advice.post-64154-143141955068_thumb.jpg

post-64154-143141955049_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of how your "mystery" piece goes, then, after fitting the rubber matting the edge moulding slide on (quite a tight fit!)

cheers

Jules

post-55807-143141956008_thumb.jpg