Sign in to follow this  
NCReatta

The dealer also let the car go under $30,000. They practically have it away.

That wasn't the only new Reatta 'vert that went for well under $30k. :)

Buick stopped almost all promotion of the Reatta after 1988. By 1990, Reattas were sitting at dealers looking for buyers. Stan Leslies research shows that 1991 production did not start until the last week of Novermber 1990. That is about 4+ months later than normal. All because there were so many 1990's unsold.

My dad bought our '90 in Nov of 1991. It was sitting in dealer inventory for well over a year. By then, 1992 Buicks were already being sold.

The glut of cars is probably another reason about 100 of the 1991 convertibles were sold to GM employees....probably at a huge discount.

I've got the original bill of sale for my vert. I'll have to look it up and report back what the original owner paid for the car.

Nice thread !

I think the pictures of the red leather don't do the "Red" justice. My 90 had red which was more burgandy and the 91 had really red red. Think all red 91's were much redder than pics. show?

I believe the 91 red red is called flame red. My 91 interior is that color.

Marck, I like the "ECRP" sticker on the tail end of your convert!

Guest my3buicks

Better yet, what was the option code for the California only package and a copy of a window sticker showing it would be a great. I have several very rare option/accessories on my 67 Buick, I can document each one, documentation is the name of the game.

Marck, the car looks fantastic. It is my understanding that the white wheels could be ordered in 1991, am I correct on that assumption?

Question was addressed to Marck and he can surely answer....... my input, 16" white wheels were available in 1991 for $100 but only on white exterior cars. The option code was N60 and should show up on the Service parts label if they were installed in Lansing.

I have a car like Marck's......same colors etc (900552) while getting it ready for the 2007 Plano meet I had a wheel that needed attention. I had 4 wheels and hub caps refinished in white and put them on the car. My car did not come with them but they were an option.

Better yet, what was the option code for the California only package and a copy of a window sticker showing it would be a great. I have several very rare option/accessories on my 67 Buick, I can document each one, documentation is the name of the game...

It is an inside joke. Marck converted the passenger side to 16-ways using Steves repro 'reverse' bezel. Fun mod.

Guest my3buicks
It is an inside joke. Marck converted the passenger side to 16-ways using Steves repro 'reverse' bezel. Fun mod.

I knew that, just toying with Steve.

Guest BJM
Anytime you are talking 1991 convertibles the numbers get interesting.

There were 109 white convertibles made. 69 had red interior. all had white tops except for 3 that had black tops

Of the 109, there were 13 were donated to tech schools or scrapped.... all 3 of the black top cars were donated/scrapped.

There were only 14 white convertibles with white wheels. Of the white convertibles with white wheels, 5 had red int, 5 had blue, 2 had tan, 2 had grey. Only 6 of the white/red convertibles has the pinstripe delete option. Some cold winter day, I will break it down further.... those with 16 way and CD

My 1991 white/red convertible did not come with white wheels but I had some wheels refinished one year and decided to have them done in white so they ended up on the white convertible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]198765[/ATTACH]

I found a white with white wheels 1991 convertible this weekend browsing on the Denver Colorado craigs list. Due to AACA website issues I was not able to adequately add the information but I think I got the basics on the Reatta Buy/Sell side