OT: Rodeo Drive Concours D'elegance

Bushwack

Guest Metricwrencher

Wow! A Tucker. That's a car that I have never seen in person. Is this one owned by the white haired gentleman in the background?

Leno doesn't own a Tucker (I think there are 3 known to exist with 2 unaccounted for). He brought his 1963 Chrysler Turbine (I'll have all the pictures uploaded soon). He is a regular at the All GM Car Show (and all the local shows). I am curious what he'll bring next Sunday. It will be tough to top the EcoJet car brought three years ago (you can hear the car coming five minutes before it arrives).

ecojet2_thumb.jpg ecojet4a_thumb.jpg ecojet4_thumb.jpg

Guest Kitskaboodle

You want to see a really awesome car that's right up there with the big boys?

There is a local Silicon Valley guy that has a 70 Challenger convertible with a Tremec 6 speed and a V10 Viper motor in it.

The license plate says "Vanishing Point". Erv, if I send a few pics to you can you post them here?

Kit

Edited by Kitskaboodle (see edit history)

Guest Metricwrencher

Perhaps Mr. Leno will bring in his 1000HP, twin turbo, RWD converted, 66 Toronado. But better yet, would be to see it on a test-track.

Leno doesn't own a Tucker (I think there are 3 known to exist with 2 unaccounted for).

Actually there are a few more than that. While Wikipedia is not always 100% accurate, the data on Tuckers at the end of this entry is probably fairly accurate:

1948 Tucker Sedan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tucker club has a web site at www.tuckerclub.org It would appear that all 52 cars are accounted for. A couple have been destroyed but most appear to be in good shape. The National meet held in Seattle did a tour to the LeMay museum in Washington and they own the Waltz Blue car that we were told was Mrs. Tucker personal car. In any case it looks like a lot of Tuckers are on display somewhere around the world

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kitskaboodle

Couldn't access the pic link but the video is fine. Can't believe they let in the red VW Beetle. Standards must be slipping in Beverly Hills. :) Maybe they should include that green 3-wheeled Zap. Now there's a quality built car. :)

Kit

Thank you for posting the outstanding quality photos. They really made my 4th of July long weekend complete. Thanks again!

Glad you enjoyed the cars. Now look at this video from the All GM Car Show -

• 2 weeks later...

Ervin: Kits buddy Jay made his own youtube video of the Rodeo Drive event:

Neat backstory about the Tucker that was on display.

That Jay guy really seems to know his cars. They should give him his own TV show...

Ervin: Kits buddy Jay made his own youtube video of the Rodeo Drive event:

Neat backstory about the Tucker that was on display.

That Jay guy really seems to know his cars. They should give him his own TV show...

That's a great video package. I recall Leno doing a few spots at the show. He got there earlier than I did (around 8AM - show opened at 10) and stuck around for most of the day. I was expecting to see Kit pop up in the background (and maybe he did!).