Sign in to follow this  
weppler1978

Help identifying vintage drawbridge traffic signal I'm buying !

Hi

Can anyone take a look at this Vintage Drawbridge Traffic Signal Light I'm bidding on? The info listed by the seller is kind of minimal, and what I'm hoping is can anyone tell me where this might be made, and an era. I tried for like 2 hours looking for something similar and I can't find anything? Can anyone date this piece? Or tell me anything else that might help me? I love it but would like some kind of reference to its authenticity, even a pic online maybe or something. Its a great piece though, and I want to use it in my garage.

Oh and a maker if anyone knows? Like I didn't see crouse-hinds or anything on it?

RARE Vintage Drawbridge Traffic Signal Light Man Cave Architectural Salvage | eBay

Thanks

Bill

The wire, wire connectors, and the terminal strip are from the late 60's and newer.

The case and base looks like a mid 70's design.

It may also have been used for traffic control at an industrial site.

Go to trafficlights.com and talk to those guys. The one on eBay looks like an exit from a parking garage. I'd date it in the 70's

I have seen similar lights where there is a raising barrier (tire stop) on the surface in front of a drawbridge.

I may have been used at an approach to a drawbridge, but, there are lights like this on the freeway on ramps here in Houston to control traffic flow during rush hours. Rare, I think not.

Arent you worried that all this exposure will make the bids go much higher?

Well you really got the price to move from $6 to $75.

Its funny, your only other post included a link to E Bay for another "signal light" humm?