WANTED TO BUY FOR: 1936 CHRYSLER AIRSTREAM C8

Looking to help this friend out (not my car).

He needs for his 1936 Chrysler Airstream:

1- rubber for front & rear bumpers

2-both front & rear windshield gaskets

3-gasket for front cowl

Model: C8DTRG

Body No: 13(4) 134

Paint Code: 919

Trim Code: ADH

Serial #: 9756023

Any help / advice / direction would be greatly appreciated guys.

While I have not seen this car personally yet, it was a recent purchase and is supposed to be in it's original condition (to be verified). It apparently was built locally here in Windsor, Ontario and is reputed to be a local car.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 36 6 Airstream roadster. I bought my rubber bumper grommets from Steele rubber and they fit well. I believe they have the other seals as well. I also bought headlight pads which were correct and glovebox bumpers. I had to shave the glovebox bumpers down as they are too thick to allow the glove box to close properly. I know there side window seals for setting the glass into the Chrome window frames on a convertible will not work though. They are too thick. Front hood bumper corners fit well but I haven't been able to find a rear hood corner bumper yet. Hope this helps.

I have a 36 6 Airstream roadster. I bought my rubber bumper grommets from Steele rubber and they fit well. I believe they have the other seals as well. I also bought headlight pads which were correct and glovebox bumpers. I had to shave the glovebox bumpers down as they are too thick to allow the glove box to close properly. I know there side window seals for setting the glass into the Chrome window frames on a convertible will not work though. They are too thick. Front hood bumper corners fit well but I haven't been able to find a rear hood corner bumper yet. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply Auburnseeker.

I should have thought of Steele too but thought others that might have these type of cars might be able to better confirm availability and experience first. I forwarded this info to Gary who was thrilled to get. He recently purchased this car, decided to have some small areas touched up, which of course lead to a complete paint and .... now replacement of these rubber parts.

It seems this car has some provenance as to being owned by Chrysler Canada President Moe Closs (retired 1989). I have been promised a ride when it is done and plan on taking pictures which I will post. I did not realize the models were produced at the same time as the Airflow and after a bit of Google searching really like the styling. Your roadster is really something and oozes class and a sporty look. Never too old to learn something about the car industry. Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks

I never knew about the airstream series until I stumbled across a 35 Business coupe. One of the few cars I can honestly say I wouldn't mind getting back. After selling it and a few years I found my 36 Roadster stuffed in a basement Garage in CT. I bought it, Nursed up the finish replacing some of the brightwork then did a heavy mechanical restoration. Now it's roadworthy and fun to drive. When you compare it to A Ford or Chevy you really see the styling come through. The airstream line really is a beautiful line up. The sedans even have a lot of class to them.