Stromberg H3 issue

Stutz in the UK

Guest Fernando Manuel
Dear All, I have a Stromberg H3 Carb on my 1917 Stutz. The car starts and runs well but after long high speed runs, the car runs very rich. Once left to stand for a while the car runs fine again. Any ideas please? Thank you.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Estimado, no es seguramente la respuesta exacta, pero uno de los factores probables está en el Octanaje del combustible,Saludos Cordiales.

Guest Fernando Manuel

Estimado Señor, Supongo que está usando gasolina que es demasiado buena para la relación de compresión del motor de 1917. No tengo a mano referencias de Octanaje de 1917 pero estoy casi seguro que eran valores inferiores a los 95 ó 98 de la actualidad, eso generaría el encendido a destiempo de la mezcla, que produce vibraciones, golpeteos y un funcionamiento desparejo. Saludos Cordiales.-

Dear Layden, I do not have a pipe fitted and did wonder about icing. What should the pipe be made of please? I asume the bottom of the H3 where the inlet is, can be adjusted to swivel round to face the 'Stove' in the exhaust manafold? I seem to re-call seing a picture of one you were selling where the inlet faced a different direction than on my car? Thank you for your reply

Do you have a hot air pipe to the carburetor. If not, you may be condensing and freezing water on the inside of the manifold. When it thaws out, everything is fine again.