casting oldsmobile plastic lens and rear end globe GPS

Guest slyhog022056

Guest slyhog022056

Hey there, soon i will be making mold to cast some spare taillight lenses, front turn signal lens, rear backup light lens, front and rear reflectors and the 4" plastic globe insert in the trunk lift handle. And any plastic handles and stuff from the interior.

Was wondering if there would be any use of me casting a few extra of all of them, especially that rear trunk globe. And would they sell?? I know i am going to cast a full spare set for myself but would it be any benefit to casting a dozen or so?? Just wanting to know so i can estimate how much resin to buy.

Guest slyhog022056
For your 1952 Olds 98 I assume

Yes but i also have quite a few lenses and stuff for 49, to 55's too. i know how hard it is to find these things, especailly those globes.

I have a friend that is taking my front brass globes and a few other brass ones and making dies to punch some out if there is a demand for them.

Guest slyhog022056
Aren't a lot of these items available from Fusick's?

Paul

I got a front brass and plastic rear globe from a guy that ordered them from Fusicks, went to match them up not even close to fitting, hence the reason i got them for free. The correct rear reflectors arent available anywhere i have found. .

I ordered 2 tail light lenses from then about a year ago, first they were back ordered, then when they arrived 8 months later they werent correct at all, out of round and different shades of red.

Very leary at this point of Fusicks, even though they do have a couple of things i need........