Olds Windshield Gasket

Guest BobOlds

Guest BobOlds

Who other than Steele sells a windshield gasket of a one piece 1950 88 Deluxe 2 door sedan?

The Steele item does not have the correct inside profile for re-installation of the interior garnish molding leaving huge gaps at the upper corners. Had the same problem with the rear window but worked around it but it still doesn't look quite right. The interior guy even asked if the garnish molding came off the car. It did.

Are there left and right sun visor brackets? If so I need a right for the above Olds although I expect Chevy and Pontiac would be the same.

Edited by BobOlds (see edit history)

Guest slyhog022056

Kanter has almost evry gasket you will need. There are also a few places with ebay stores that sell them too.

Find out who Fusick's weatherstrip supplier is and odds are that one will be the best available.

Strange that the Steele piece is off like that, unless they're adapting a Chev or Pontiac piece for the Olds. I don't remember what year Chev and Pontiac went to one-piece windshield, I think 53, but using an Olds one-piece windshield was a popular custom mod for them.

Guest BobOlds

It's a Steele part bought through Fusick, found the part number on the inside of the gasket and it is listed for the correct car.. Contacted Steele via email and will call them about the problem tomorrow.

Found that there is indeed a right hand sun visor bracket, I have two lefts for some odd reason.

Bob