Looking for 1927 Peerless 6-80 photos

Guest hearseguy27

Guest hearseguy27

I am hoping that somebody has detailes pictures of the dash, rear of the car and enging compartment. I am looking to get this beast at least on the road this year and will hopefully get at least a little restoration work done. Any help would be great. On another note I found a tail light assembly that is supposed to be from a 1927 6-80 but it looks nothing like mine, it looks like a typical light you would see on a Model A. I am thinking he may be mistaken. Were there different options? This is what mine looks like

249.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry to take so long to respond...I was out-of-state for nine days.

There was a Ford-like taillight assembly used on some Peerlesses consisting of a flange and 10 or 15-inch-long shaft supporting a combination red lens and license plate holder. On a '24 6-70 Phaeton or a '29 6-81 Coupe w/ sidemounts this was mounted on the L.S. My '28 6-80 Coupe has a centrally-mounted triangular assembly designed to be visible inside the rear-mounted detachable rim and tire.

Good to hear that you are getting your Peerless on the road. Have you joined the Peerless Motor Car Club? As far as I know, you haven't joined the PMCC yet. Unless you have sent them your current address and name recently...you may not know they have revised their newsletter into a quarterly magazine AND planned an interesting meet this summer with a tour and show. 1st issue of The Peerless Co-Operator came out in April. Meet will be a joint one w/ the Pierce-Arrow Society AUG 23-25 at the amazing Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan. Please look at recent thread here called "Club News" for more data re: contact info.

Even if you don't own or bring a Peerless you are welcome at this Meet!

Someone, somewhere has a 1900 Peerless that has been sight unseen since photographed at the Hershey Meet 55 years ago. If that car were to be re-discovered and still ran, the owner may still want to skip the 120-mi. and 110-mi. tours in this 3 1/2 h.p. one-cylinder Motorette, but would be welcome whether the Peerless was brought to Gilmore or not (I'm sure some of us would like to see it at the car show on Sunday).

----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a
Talked to the 1-cylinder Peerless expert and he says it was an AACA meet rather than a HCCA one. (see edit history)

I'm sending you a few photos to help you with your 1927 Peerless. 2 from Peerless Instruction and Description manuals, 6 of John Pierson's '26 6-80, 5 from Don Bettes(various dashboard instrument details), 1 of famous actress Billie Burke and her '25 Peerless 8-67, and 5 from the '27 6-80 which the predecessor to the Reynolds-Alberta Museum(Reynolds Museum, Ltd. of Wetaskiwin, Alberta) owned for decades.

Edited by jeff_a
Added Stuff. (see edit history)

Guest hearseguy27

Thank you Jeff, I can't thank you enough for all of the help you have provided. If there is anything I can ever do for you just let me know.