Looking for a A.C blend door actuator

Guest breather

Guest breather

I have a 1990 Reatta coupe. Does anybody know where I can get an AC blend actuator?? I found one off a 1991 Riviera but the arm where the rod gets attached to seems to be locked. The one I took off can easily be moved by hand. also, no air comes out of the vents except the defroster vents. Woud this be caused by a faulty blend door actuator??

I WANT TO TAKE THIS TIME TO THANK THE MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME SUGGESTIONS FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT GO WITH OWNING THIS PIECE OF AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY.

THANK YOU, GRACIAS, DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU, MERCI, ETC.

You should not be able to move the actuator arm by hand on a good controller.

Definitely sounds like you need a new controller. Your symptoms are classic HVAC controller problems.

I sell the entire HVAC controller ready to install with a two year warranty. Contact me if you're interested.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Which vents are opened to deliver air is controlled by a rotary vacuum switch on the underside of the HVAC controller. If there is no vacuum on the black line, or it is disconnected, it will default to the defrost vents.

SOunds like two problems. No blend is the little servo motor. Defrost only is typical if the main vaccuum soulce is lost (starts near the cruise control & often gets knocked off there).