56 Special 4 door (couldn't pass up cause price was right)

So, since I'm waiting on the carb, I decided to pull off the windshield stainless and check for areas that might be leaking as I had noticed during hard rains that it would get damp at the kick panels. I found two potential spots and sealed them up.

Then, I was thinking that I could pull all of the interior garnish out and pretty it up a bit! Sand, prime, paint. Total cost of $25.00 figuring in the new stainless screws.5013cdcc4fc1fb5338046beccfb6ae9b.jpgc0006e1472d04a396d7edcfd17080b96.jpg77dd2eb6c3fe83dd5e317bc2578b03a3.jpg

I hope to have everything cleared and back in the car by Friday night.

Carb is going to be here tomorrow. They didn't get it shipped in time.

Here is a picture of the 56' carb and the one for my 47'.421e65ab95add9922b47ebf6df018ebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car is all packed up. Oil level checked. Tank filled and test driving done. 2.5-3hr drive to Rhinebeck, NY tomorrow to be with my Buick Bretheren! I don't foresee any problems, but I'm packed for bear.

She had a nice bath and wax this afternoon. She cleans up pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Had not realized that it had been this long since my last post.  I have been so busy on the 47' that this car was driven a lot, then just set aside when I got the convertible on the road. I had a lot of pending items to do and just got started a day or so ago.

the drivers door glass has been cracked since I purchased the car.   So, pulled the door panel, trying to figure out the best way to get the glass out.  The interior door panels are going to need replaced, so will order some panel board and figure out how to make new fabric design.

had to pull the vent window glass,regulator and frame to get it out.  Am Going to work on window felt linings, etc while the window is out.  Monday, will get a new glass cut along with my convertible rear window glass.

more later as I progress

Matt

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to put everything back together.  I replaced the felt in the window tracks, straightened the window regulator arma back out and installed the glass.  

A word for the wise.  Thevent window  assembly had to come out to remove the glass from the door.  Assembly was a little tricky. Had to install the window, then lower it to be able to put the vent window assembly back in the door.  Care needs to be taken to not fold over the felt in the channel.

image.jpg

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

So, brought this little girl out of storage last Saturday.  Cleaned her up  and took her out for the night to our local AACA troop appreciation night.  Runs like a top!

Tonight, installed some more weatherstripping on the doors, changed out my headlight doors, (thanks Mr. Earl) and installed a new trunk lid lock.

Soon this little girl will be up for sale. Got my eyes on another Buick!

• Like 1

On May 13, 2017 at 9:12 AM, jackofalltrades70 said:

Thanks.  My wife says this is why I am jackofalltrades!

Which equates to a very longggggggg honeydew list I am sure! 

Nice kitchen remodel btw. Hell I can't even crank out a small pantry Rita has been been asking for for years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Hell I can't even crank out a small pantry

Says the guy who single-handedly built the BSSG!

I'm just glad my wife only sees the pictures I show her from this site, and she will not see that kitchen job here!  ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...