Hi there,

My car has a brand new headliner that was in place when I bought the car. One thing I noticed was that the car is missing the coat hooks that you often see on these cars near the top corner of the passenger half windows. Can someone expalin how these are attached? I did notice that replacement hooks come with screws, but to what are they attached/threaded? Thanks!

They'll be hard to find with the new headliner in position, but there are tabs in the roof to which the coat hoods screw into. I don't know how to tell you to find them no that the headliner is in. If you have another car to look at, you could take some measurements and possible find them by feel.

Ed

If I cannot find the tabs, is there another way to re-attach them? I am under the impression that the sail panels are solid steel. Can I rethread a new screw into the metal?

Sail panels are fiber board just like the door panels. The coat hook should go above the rear window and allow something hanging on a hanger to clear the back of the back seat. Look at another Riviera and take a couple of measurements.

Thanks Ed for the advise. I will find a good spot that matches the locations on another Riviera and drill tiny starter holes for the screws.

Darren

On 7/13/2013 at 9:13 PM, dwhiteside64 said:

Thanks Ed for the advise. I will find a good spot that matches the locations on another Riviera and drill tiny starter holes for the screws.

Darren

I’m in the same boat.  How did this work out for you?