Grand National at Moline Illinois; How many entries?

llskis

I am thinking 675, and 60 in class 36B , were I will be also.

zipcode1964: Wow if that's the case it will be a neat show with a lot of nice cars. Hopefully there will be enough of

trailer parking available. Also hope they will have enough of "qualified" judges. Larry P.S. Any other comments out there?

Ah, your leg is being pulled. The show will be much smaller than that but you will have competition in your class.

Steve: Thanks for your input; looking forward to the G/N in Moline. Larry P.S. Any other comments from anybody on G/N are welcomed.-Thanks

Just want to compliment the MVR for the great work they are doing for this years Grand National in Moline IL. They are keeping

everybody informed with updates and now have even got all the "Vehicles By Class" on their Webpage. Special thanks to Jack

Kirik (Meet Chairman) and Jim and Kay Scott (Registration) I'm really looking forward in participating. Bottom Line: These guys

are organized and take this meet very serious!! Thanks-Larry

I too want to compliment the MVR for their great effort to date for the AGN show. Their responses have been very quick and informative. I think they are the first region to post the entry list prior to the actual event. That is a great item for one to see who you have met at prior events are attending. They have set the bar high for other regions in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Just arrived home from the show, weather wasn't great but the show was. Hats off the Mississippi Region, great job!!! Really enjoyed the Friday evening BBQ. Thanks to everyone involved. I really thank you for the advance information that was posted on this site.

Kudos to all of the Mississippi Valley Region members, and especially to MVR President Mary Bartemeyer and Meet Chairman Jack Kirik, their committee chairpersons and members, and all of the spouses who worked for three years to plan and execute a fantastic AGNM (Annual Grand National Meet - the once each year event open only to vehicles which have achieved a minimum of Senior status in a prior year). We are honored that our 1934 Buick was awarded her Senior Grand National status. We never expected to show her at all, but are really enjoying yet another facet of AACA and our great membership. Members drive or trailer their beautiful vehicles, sometimes thousands of miles to share with others and the general public. In most cases the trophies and awards are secondary to the smiles and recognition. Lee Smith opened his fantastic Petroliana collection (and 1957 Dodge D-501) to visitors, and he played his player-piano while I accompanied on his cornet. Mike, Frank, and Danielle visited some of our folks, including Alabama's own Linda & National Director Bill Gardner when they visited Antique Archaeology - but the American Pickers hadn't arrived yet when Dale & I visited earlier. The Bar-B-Cue, Judge's Breakfast, and Banquet (planned by Sue Kirik) were excellent, and the awards presentation made lots of owners very happy!! We look forward to MVR hosting another National Meet !!!

post-54863-143141976393_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143141976405_thumb.jpg