Sign in to follow this  
MikeDeFelice

Franklin Speedster Build

Mike, NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE! NICE!

Did you fabricate the yokes for the headlights?

I am not having much success in finding a large (non-model T) pair.

Keep up the great work!

Dwight

Hello Mike!

Today is July 12, 2014 and you called us yesterday about the 1930 Franklin that you are making into a speedster. I talked to you and then my Husband called you back & told you a little something about the car. My Husband thought you might like to see how the car looked when it left us for Illinois in 2011. So I have attached four pictures for you that pretty much shows the shape it was in and what was with it the day it left us. I hope you enjoy the car and we looked at all your pictures and you have done amazing things with it and we like it very much. We are so happy it found a home & someone to work on it. Thanks for calling us & we are so happy you did. Wendy LeQuieu in California

post-73327-143142614775_thumb.jpg

post-73327-143142614699_thumb.jpg

post-73327-143142614729_thumb.jpg

post-73327-143142614751_thumb.jpg

Hello Mike!

Today is July 12, 2014 and you called us yesterday about the 1930 Franklin that you are making into a speedster. I talked to you and then my Husband called you back & told you a little something about the car. My Husband thought you might like to see how the car looked when it left us for Illinois in 2011. So I have attached four pictures for you that pretty much shows the shape it was in and what was with it the day it left us. I hope you enjoy the car and we looked at all your pictures and you have done amazing things with it and we like it very much. We are so happy it found a home & someone to work on it. Thanks for calling us & we are so happy you did. Wendy LeQuieu in California

attachment.php?attachmentid=258542&d=1405203262&thumb=1attachment.php?attachmentid=258543&d=1405203368&thumb=1attachment.php?attachmentid=258544&d=1405203404&thumb=1attachment.php?attachmentid=258545&d=1405203437&thumb=1

That is so cool! The Beverly Hillbillies would have been proud to cruise in that baby just the way it was! Also shows how far it has come.

On 7/13/2014 at 10:44 PM, whtbaron said:

That is so cool! The Beverly Hillbillies would have been proud to cruise in that baby just the way it was! Also shows how far it has come.

franklin cruisers.jpg

• Like 1

Mike,

I'm new to the Speedster forum, but I'm not new in my appreciation of fine looking vehicles.  That's a really good looking car.  Can you post some more pictures of it?  You might also consider posting the pictures on the General Discussion Forum since that forum sees much more traffic.

Cheers,

Grog

Have you had anymore activity with your Franklin Speedster?  What is the windshield assembly you have used on the car?

Al