Sign in to follow this  
jeffb

56 Buick in Hot rod??

Hello, I hope this doesn't flare up some anger. I for one love original cars and especially ones that are restored back to original condition. I have owned 3 original Buicks: 47 Roadmaster, 57 Special 2 dr hdtp, and a 57 Super 4 door hdtp. If I see one street rod or rat rod, they all look the same to me. But take a peek at this Buick, I think it was done just right, right down to the nailhead. What do you think? I don't like these big wheels, though. You Rank It: Troy Trepanier's "Nailed" '56 Buick - Hot Rod Magazine Blog

Nice looking exterior, wheel and tire combo not my cup of tea, too much monotone silver, the seats look terrible.

Troy does it again, and again with a Buick. This is another awesome custom by Troy Trepanier, who in my opinion is one of todays best modern day custom craftsmen.

As I've been posting these in the Buy/Sell, I think these 2 door post 56's have a stance and look all their own and are sleepers waiting to be awakened.

Thanks for posting Jeff. You are aware we have a Custom/Modified forum where this would fit well and would probably stay up top longer in discussion. I'll be glad to move it for you if you like.

In fact there is more discussion about this same car here > http://forums.aaca.org/f118/rad-56-post-347485.html

Here is his one of his works from last year.

G54-Buick-by-Troy-Trepanier.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

It is a gray ghost for sure. The wheels are ok. Overall, super nice car and yeah, I'll take it.

I am always impressed the way they clean up the engine compartment.

Ben

The car seems nicely done. I do like this body style. As for the engine compartment, looks like a panel is installed over the original firewall. Or do you think they make a whole new cowl? Those are not original fender wells, are they?

I know Troy, he wouldn't remember me, but I did some aluminum, and the Lace wood flooring for the Brian Stinger/Troy (MILLER RACE) truck. Owner, George Poteet.

Quality is super, cost, HIGH DOLLARS. The Poteet truck was approaching 1/2 Million, sold at BJ two years later for $250,000.

I would add a bit of RED to the 56, inside, and out, just a bit.

Dale in Indy

Three weeks ago, this car was parked right behind me at the Goodguys show in Nashville and I thought I had a nice almost original but this car is far beyond my car. People would go right past me to see that car. I really liked the "Bkack Chrome" he had Advance Plating do for him. I wished I had got my radiator from Griffin as he now has the pattern from this car. With the raised ribs in the upper tank part of the radiator, it looked original.