Sign in to follow this  
Argosy1430Z

Leather Seats

Every April 1st there is always a posting here advertising new leather seats for a nominal price. I am always reaching for the reply button before I realize what date it is!

Now is the real opportunity to get new leather reupholstry kits for less than $1000 a pair through a shop in the LA area. I have shown them the beautiful black leather interior pictured in one of Chrysler's original hi-brow add booklets. The one with all the photos taken in Italy. He believes he can match the color and perfectly reproduce the covers for less than $500.00 a seat (actually about $450.00). What is the catch? We need a minimum of 10 orders.

Are any of you interested? If so, please reply to me and if we can get 10 firm orders with a cash back guarentee, I will get right on it by shipping one of my seats off to use as a pattern.

Enjoy the summer.

Edited by Argosy1430Z
spelling correction (see edit history)

I am interested in a set in ginger. Can you get a sample of the leather and color? I know where the leather comes from (cow) is it domestic or imported? An exact match, I think, is relative to the individual....

thx Roger

Count me in for Ginger. Since he prices per piece, could I(we) start by buying an armrest. This would be a good indication of leather and fit.

I am out of the country and will be home on 23 June. I will send one of my arm rests off so that he can match the color and make a pattern as well. Then I can get some samples as well.

Just to let you and the group know I am having the seats and arm rest done next week. When I purchased the car in 2011 the former owner has purchased the leather skins in the early 2000s through the club and never had the seats redone. I have contracted locally here in Central New York cost for the job with my leather skins $1,100. I did some looking around and checked the quality of work available and thought this was my best deal.

I will post the outcome!

Our 1990 TC

Member #1500

I am interested in a new cover for the driver's side, but only if it is an exact match both in terms of color (ginger) and texture. My car was built in March 1989.

Did you get your seats and arm rest redone?

If so how did it turn out. Can you post pictures