Low mileage convertible

Guest geolewis

Guest geolewis

Must sell 90 Reatta convertible,43,600 miles like new inside & out Red/Tan. If you really want a like new car this is it. Purchased from original owners family.I have been told it should be listed for $12,000. I want $8,500. no trades & I will not take less money for it. The top is like new,no dings,dents, no rust etc. Everything works! Car is located in Charlotte NC. I will send a completed Reatta form if needed? contact me at 704-697-9354 or aphq@aol.com George or Nancy Lewis

post-90975-143141920599_thumb.jpg

post-90975-143141920884_thumb.jpg

post-90975-143141920915_thumb.jpg

post-90975-143141920944_thumb.jpg

Guest geolewis

I have asked others, A member that has one like it with more miles says I'm giving it away.I had it parked next to two other verts at the Charlotte Auto Fair,I did not have for sale on it,one parked next to mine 57,000 miles $17,000. Marck Baker from East Coast Reatta was there with his,he said I would ask $12,000. The car is excelent through out! I had a Buick member crawl all over the car & tried to get under it.ITS LIKE NEW he said!Look on the internet I counted 15 for sale nationwide average price over $10,000. There are a lot of worn out vert out there asking a lot more then I am. Thanks for you input.

Guest geolewis

I need to address the reason I am selling.I bought an 89 put a lot of money in it(love it).Then my wife thought she wanted a vert, found this one tried to sell the 89,can not afford to have two of them. Had no offers or iterested buyers. Concerned about costs I'm 77 work part time how much longer can I work? We were going on a three day trip,89 has more room in back for dog etc. The vert will be easier to sell I think? If not my grand kids can fight over it or give it away at that point it will not make any difference to me. Thank you for viewing this blog.

If you're in the market for a convertible, this car is a steal. Even with low mileage cars, sometimes they can be hard to find where they're this original.

The car is flawless inside and out. The only thing it needs to be a BCA Gold car would be an OEM radio (not hard to switch).

I have seen several other cars like this (low mileage, nice cars) go for 12,000-15,000. $8500 is a deal considering the market for convertibles now.

In two years, this car will be eligible for AACA shows. It could very easily be a show winner, and is a bargain for how nice of a car it is.

Why do these opportunities always pop up when I am not in a position to jump. If I wasn't determined to build reserve funding to the greatest extent possible (and to the exclusion of other large expenditures presently) I would probably be on the horn arranging a sale. While not my first choice of color combo, it is not easy to find any Reatta in this condition. It will not be getting any easier either from this point forward. One could spend half that to buy a lesser specimen, then pour more than the purchase price into repairs, and still not have a car this clean.

Oh well, it is an absolutely stunning example of what a Reatta 'vert should be. Someone will be well served to purchase and enjoy it. Regrettably it just won't be me.

KDirk

Funding isn't the problem. Being on the west coast is my problem. Large majority of desirable Reattas are either in the mid west or Florida. All but once I've been fortunate in buying sight unseen from outside California. But of that one time being burned (doctored photos in no way representing the car) now dictates if I can't inspect the car, I'm passing on the car.

Why do these opportunities always pop up when I am not in a position to jump. If I wasn't determined to build reserve funding to the greatest extent possible (and to the exclusion of other large expenditures presently) I would probably be on the horn arranging a sale. While not my first choice of color combo, it is not easy to find any Reatta in this condition. It will not be getting any easier either from this point forward. One could spend half that to buy a lesser specimen, then pour more than the purchase price into repairs, and still not have a car this clean.

Oh well, it is an absolutely stunning example of what a Reatta 'vert should be. Someone will be well served to purchase and enjoy it. Regrettably it just won't be me.

KDirk

Bushwack,

Surprised to see you feel the best ones are in Florida (intense heat/sun and sea salt) and the Midwest (highly variable weather, including brutal summers and winter snow which brings out salt in many locales). Being in MO and always hearing the virtues of California cars being extolled, mostly for their lack of exposure to undesirable weather and road salt, I'd figure you'd have the mother lode out there. Especially of convertibles given their popularity in CA.

And I agree about never buying before an in-person inspection can be made. Buying sight unseen is terribly risky.

KDirk

Regarding the Reatta, it is a matter of availability. I've noticed over the past few years that 90% of the desirable Reattas are being sold from the mid-west (from people who garage the car from October - April) or Florida. Aside from coupes, I've owned several Reatta convertibles. One Canadian born, three of which came from Florida (one through the forum and two were available for many weeks before I bought them) and two locally (which I bought within days after being listed - didn't want to miss the opportunity as they were local and yes, 98% flawless and rust free).

Convertibles in SoCal come in two categories: Residents who either buy (minority) or lease (majority) or vacationers who rent (Mustangs, Chrysler 200s, VW Bugs, etc). I'm in the congested Beverly Hills/west side of Los Angeles county. With the exception of the new Camaro, Mustang and BMW 3 series convertibles, most of the convertibles I see are six figures, imports and usually leased. There are classic convertibles here (locally I've bought a Chevy Caprice, Olds Cutlass, Camaro, Firebird) but it isn't often I see an older convertible out and about; unless I am at a car show, outside the city or on a quiet Sunday (year round).

Bushwack,

Surprised to see you feel the best ones are in Florida (intense heat/sun and sea salt) and the Midwest (highly variable weather, including brutal summers and winter snow which brings out salt in many locales). Being in MO and always hearing the virtues of California cars being extolled, mostly for their lack of exposure to undesirable weather and road salt, I'd figure you'd have the mother lode out there. Especially of convertibles given their popularity in CA.

And I agree about never buying before an in-person inspection can be made. Buying sight unseen is terribly risky.

KDirk

Guest wally888
My thanks to Marck Barker for sending me a buyer for my 90 vert!

It worked!

My negative post instigated a lot of support for your asking price, kept the thread alive.....................and it got sold.