Cobra long grain topping material

Guest rbjt

Guest rbjt

Hello,

I'm trying to track down some black cobra long grain topping material for a 1927 Pontiac Tourer. I have some fragments of the original vinyl which has gray backing fabric but all of the new samples I have see have black or white backing material. I've searched here in Australia and also contacted a few suppliers in the USA including SMS, LeBaron Bonney and Haartz. So far no luck finding black with gray backing.

I hope someone will have some suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Ryan

Put a gray cover on the frame and then install the long grain topping over it. I used this on Packard convertibles in the 50's. They had white on blue and several inside colors when the new tops were black or tan inside. Lee Waldren Ft. Myers, Fl.

Guest rbjt

Thanks Lee. I had considered that but was worried about it flapping in the wind etc. SMS have just come back with an option to make some material with gray backing at an additional cost. I was hoping however that someone may know of a supplier that has the material readily available? Maybe someone has enough yards for a tourer plus side curtains they'd be prepared to sell me?