Cup holder solution for 63-65 Riviera?

Adambravo

Just don't forget they are there when you close the door! My family used these all the time when I was growing up. But I remember many occasions when the door was shut with a drink still in the holder. It really makes a mess when the beverage splashes out.

There are cheap holders that slide between the console and a seat. The only thing I don't like about them is that there is no soft backing on them where they contact the console. A couple of strips of adhesive backed felt cures that problem. They're cheap and easy to get in and out.

I tried copying and pasting a picture but with no results. Here's a link that shows a picture.

Buy Texas Saddlebags Wedge Cup Holder 35101/AC731 at Advance Auto Parts

Ed

Here's what I did for cup holders in my Riv. The front is a plastic cup holder from a boat held in place with a wide velcro strip. I couldn't stand drilling holes in the side of the console. The rear is from a Geo Prism. It is small but will hold a can or smallish fountain drink.

post-66273-143141925058_thumb.jpg

post-66273-143141925064_thumb.jpg

post-66273-143141925067_thumb.jpg

post-66273-14314192507_thumb.jpg

Guest Steeleco

Ok, Here comes my 2 cents. What about a dual cup holder that goes in the console. We can fabricate a console glove box cover that has holes for two cups. Then when ever you want to put the original console glove box cover back on it's just 2 screws.post-85701-143141925256_thumb.jpg

I think my Honda Accord Coupe has that already.

Ok, Here comes my 2 cents. What about a dual cup holder that goes in the console. We can fabricate a console glove box cover that has holes for two cups. Then when ever you want to put the original console glove box cover back on it's just 2 screws.[ATTACH=CONFIG]195753[/ATTACH]

I think my Honda Accord Coupe has that already.

My Saab has the cup holder in the console and it's annoying to use honestly as you want to put your arm there and all you find is the top of the drink and/or the hole in the console.

The '63 should be easy with putting something out of like a Toyota truck or Corolla in the full width ashtray door area. I've thought about the cup holders from the 97.5-04 W-body Regal might work on the 64-65's behind the ashtray doors but you probably couldn't get it into PARK with a drink in it.