Sign in to follow this  
brownstone407

need help id'ing two old cars and a truck

With the fender top headlight, the truck has to be either a 41-47 Dodge or a 41-46 Chevy/GMC. The cab doesn't look like either one but the rear fender looks more like the Chevy/GMC.

pic1273.jpg

On the Chevy/GMC the filler pipe comes out where the sidemount is hung so it might have to be the Dodge.Do you know of any other trucks with the fender top headlight?

nat0802.jpg

The last picture is a 54 Ford crestline. It can be identified by the dip in the chrome trim just before the back fender and the crestline logo. It is the only year Ford used this style trim.

I'm thinking 1939-1940 International based on the slant to the hood sides and grill.

Don

I had discounted International because the headlights looked to be too close to the grille but I'm tending to agree that you got it right. You can even see the side mount spare on the right.

ih390105.jpg

Re. the truck ID - Considering the shape of the rear window, the shape of the rear fenders, and the design of the running boards, I think that Chevy / GMC is the best match.

Grandpa

Re. the truck ID - I think that I have a very good match of all of the details: 1938 - 1939 Ford.

Grandpa

post-52807-143141919134_thumb.jpg

post-52807-143141919135_thumb.jpg

I agree with prs519 and Grandpa on the the truck id being 38-39 Ford. Well done and lots of fun.

Thanks Brownstone407 for letting us help! ;)

Chuck

'38-'39 Ford, I agree. The rear window shape is wildly wrong for a Dodge.

Al