1964 Buick Riviera

abrahamseven

For Sale is a 1964 Buick Riviera .Serial # K71018793. This Riviera is a runner and driver . It is fast and powerful ,shifts perfect and does not smoke or leak. $4650.00

specs:

engine -----wild Cat 465 = 425 cu. in. 340 HP.

transmission = TH 400

P.S P.B P.W Cruise, A/C, AM Radio Dual Remote Exterior Mirrors . Dual exhaust with blue streak mufflers.

The A/C needs new vacuum lines as does the Cruise Control, In my opinion. to make them operable . Drivers side windows work good , passenger side needs help with a good cleaning to speed them up.

Recent items done to this Buick:

4 new tires

Brakes all the round includes : new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, Drums turned.

Rebuilt alternator

Carburetor over hauled

Air, Oil, Fuel Filters changed

New Oil

Transmission , Rear end checked

Hose’s and fan belts replaced

Heater hose replaced

Thermostat and housing replaced

Decals

Fuel Pump replaced

Fan clutch replaced

New Plugs, new wires,rotor and Pertronix ignition installed in distributor

New Shock absorbers front and rear.

All Glass is in very good condition no cracks, chips, or fading.

The seats are in great shape, no tears good color and with a good cleaning they could look excellent. Head liner has come unglued in the center. Needs new package shelf.

I have new weather stripping for the doors and trunk, also courtesy light lens’s. Sill plates in very good condition

There is no rust through on this Riviera , two or three ares with surface rust only where the paint peeled off . where the paint peeled off on the hood there is primer under it. no rust. Under chassis is good, panels have under seal, frame and exhaust has normal light surface rust.

Body is real straight, a couple of small digs on to trunk lid, hard to see. This Buick had a bad paint job done on it and it started to crack an peel off(may have been Lacquer) and someone shot it with primer which it is peeling off. You have a real solid and straight body to work with.

Some chrome in the interior needs some help but all there. the bumpers. side chrome and head and tail light chrome is in good to very good shape.

This Buick can be driven anywhere now, a very good driver.Has a lot of power and shifts good.

If you want more pics or have questions contact me . This is one nice Buick Riviera. This Buick has 1964 Idaho plates in excellent condition. If this car is sold in Idaho the buyer keeps the plates, otherwise I keep them. If interested call me at 208-452-2068 anytime live near Boise Idaho 83619 I am asking $4650.00 or best offer.

post-71595-143141910365_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910366_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910368_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910369_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910371_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910372_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910374_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910376_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910378_thumb.jpg

post-71595-14314191038_thumb.jpg

post-71595-14314191041_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910419_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910462_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910492_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910519_thumb.jpg

post-71595-143141910529_thumb.jpg

Edited by abrahamseven (see edit history)

I'm not familiar with the paint codes. What was the original color of the car?

Paint code D is silver cloud so correct as it appears. Interior also matches the code 611 for blue cloth and vinyl seats. While they aren't too common, its refreshing to see cars like this advertised for a reasonable price. Often people get mislead on value from watching too much TV. LOL

Guest loadmaster

It is an optical illusion with the power steering belt coming into view near the crank pulley...

Looks like two belts going to a one groove AC compressor pulley. What's that about?

Paint code D is silver cloud so correct as it appears. Interior also matches the code 611 for blue cloth and vinyl seats. While they aren't too common, its refreshing to see cars like this advertised for a reasonable price. Often people get mislead on value from watching too much TV. LOL

My thoughts too. I believe a person could buy this, get a decent paint job, detail the rest and be riding in a nice driver 1st gen Riviera for under 12 grand. Darn, I'm a little short...by about $11,999.98. Great color for a Riviera.

My thoughts too. I believe a person could buy this, get a decent paint job, detail the rest and be riding in a nice driver 1st gen Riviera for under 12 grand. Darn, I'm a little short...by about $11,999.98. Great color for a Riviera.

You mean the Earl Scheib paint job is out?

I guess there's always the Ambassador service at MAACO....

If I didn't have 3 too many already....

You mean the Earl Scheib paint job is out?

I guess there's always the Ambassador service at MAACO....

If I didn't have 3 too many already....

sounds like that may be why it is in the condition it is in today. "I'm Earl Scheib...I'll paint any car for just $99.95"

When I sold the '93 I told myself I would have a 1st gen someday. But with all the project '54's I have I doubt that will ever happen as I will never have time for a project Rivi like this nor the $$ for a turn key job. I think I hear this one calling your name Dave. Looks like a chick magnet if ever there was one, just imagine the Girls on Buick's shots you could get with this baby.

OK Riviera People: This is just a theory now. I believe that dead synthetic enamel paint job on this car at this point is a very good thing. If the car had only it's silver original paint it could have very well been covered with lots of surface rust making stripping a big job. Being as this car has another coat of paint on it has stopped the tin worm armies. It's not to say there isn't metal rusted from the inside out, just that that cheap paint could have been a silver lining (No pun) to this car's ultimately not getting the squish. Remember, it's just a theory with so many facts present.

I was in Idaho a few weeks ago and I didn't see any rusted old cars. I believe that area is very dry. Anybody have any feedback on "rust-free" cars because they are from Idaho? Mitch

Guest wildcat465
Odometer reading?

Who cares buddy, I'm ready for another road trip to grab another Buick with you! :D

Who cares buddy, I'm ready for another road trip to grab another Buick with you! :D

The mind boggles!

What a reprise of outstanding fun that would be! I'm picturing '64 dark blue or even black on that, courtesy of a certain Fridley body shop.

Wonder when the owner of the car is going to check back on this thread.......

Edited by SBRMD (see edit history)