1924 Studebaker Big 6 Type-A Taillight

Guest 41Highlander

Guest 41Highlander

For sale is an original 1924 Studebaker script "Type-A" standard taillight. Says "STOP" in lens. Very good used condition. Approx. 6" diameter across the face. Asking $350.00 + shipping. Call Daniel with questions or offers 805-569-7160, please before 6:00 PM PST. Accepting postal money orders.

post-93520-143141909216_thumb.jpg

post-93520-143141909211_thumb.jpg

post-93520-143141909218_thumb.jpg

Edited by 41Highlander (see edit history)

Not an accessory, but that is the standard tail lamp for a Big 6 - the Special 6 had a plain rim but used the same housing and the light 6 was different. Some of the years would read "Studebaker Stop" when lit - you should take the bezel off and see if it does - might mean something to a potential buyer.

Guest 41Highlander
Not an accessory, but that is the standard tail lamp for a Big 6 - the Special 6 had a plain rim but used the same housing and the light 6 was different. Some of the years would read "Studebaker Stop" when lit - you should take the bezel off and see if it does - might mean something to a potential buyer.

Thank you for the information. That is very helpful. It does indeed say "STOP" in the lens. Is it just for 1924, or is it also correct for other years?

I'm not sure on the other years it might fit - my car (sold in Y2K) was a 24, which is how I know what little I've retained. I read any post with that subject mostly out of curiosity.

Does the light read just the word "STOP" or does it have "Studebaker Stop" when lit? I've seen both in the back plate.