Wanted - Exterior sunvisor for '51 Buick one piece screen model

Paul Y

Hi,

Anyone out there know where I can purchase an original steel or new good quality external sunvisor for my 51 sedanette single screen? Or can I modify an earlier split screen Fulton style to fit and if so which model without too much hassle?

many thanks Paul

Guest shadetree77

Paul, I looked for a visor for my '52 for quite a while before I gave up. In all that time searching I've only come across two that were made for these cars. The problem is the antenna in the middle of the roof. It takes a special bracket to make it fit around it. I've thought about modifying an earlier type myself but I think I've decided to forget about the visor. By the way, I sure would like to see pictures of your '51 sedanet. Feel free to post pictures if you can. That's a rare car. Good luck.

Hi many thanks for your response, I saw your thread from a couple of years ago. Do you know which visors are the correct for our year, the make and other cars that may be the same? I thought about the aerial mounting and would consider if I can get one fabricated.

I thought it was quite rare as this is the last year for the fastback, I'll look to upload photos somehow when I can. Please help with the sunvisor make much appreciated.

Guest shadetree77

I think that the Fulton brand visor is Fulton Model #1022. It has a roof mount bracket that looks like it will accommodate the antenna. I'll include a few pictures. I've only seen two or three of these. They are hard to find. I think it would be much easier to have a bracket fabricated and modify an older type.

The 1951 Sedanet is extremely rare. Only 1,500 were produced. The only one I've ever seen was on EBAY a few months ago. You are lucky to own such a rare Buick. By the way, I forgot to say welcome to the Buick forum. You'll find lots of friendly and helpful Buick guys here. I might also suggest that you consider joining the Buick Club of America. We have lots of international members. Lots of perks come with membership, not the least of which is our monthly club magazine the Buick Bugle. Also feel free to start a thread about your car on our Me and My Buick section. We love pictures and stories here! I have a thread over there too that you might find useful at some point. I look forward to hearing more from you about you and your car. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. If you have trouble posting pictures just let me know and I can help you with that as well.

post-75106-143141906391_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906404_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906407_thumb.jpg

post-75106-14314190642_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906422_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906425_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906427_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906429_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906431_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906434_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143141906442_thumb.jpg

Hi Shadytree, great pictures and really want that #1022 fulton now I've seen this one! Do you know if I purchased any standard fulton it would fit the roof curve and width, I know they do adjust about 6 ins or so? Then I'll get a bracket made up to fix around the aerial.

I was a BCA member many years ago when I had my first Buick ( '49 Super conv) that was before www. thing really took off..... Joining again is a good idea.

Anyone got a good solid Fulton visor please let me know.

Guest shadetree77

No idea Paul. I've never owned one. I would say that one of the other models would work as long as it was the right width. That and you should probably stay away from the more squarish or angular types as they probably wouldn't look right. Good luck with your search.