What are these gauges from?

Guest tonkaman

Guest tonkaman

Hey all I found these in an abandoned barn next to my house and I would like to find them new loving homes. One is a clock and the other a speedometer please help me ID them.

null_zps8bf83414.jpg

null_zps3fd74881.jpg

Guest tonkaman
Clock is 1949-50 Buick. Speedometer is 1942 Ford

Your for sure? Holy cow that was quick thank you

There is a speedo on Ebay that says it fits a 46 Ford Super Deluxe. It looks very similar to yours. I was told the 42 ford was a short run, and being a civilian car with the 6 cylinder, made it an even shorter run. Thats all just heresay I don't have any real proof. There is also a spedo on Ebay that says 46-48 Ford that looks just like mine, at this point I'm not sure of anything but I do think yours looks like a Ford speedo.

Dave you now have me questioning if someone years ago replaced the speedo and clock in mine. My gauges do match nos gauges I got to renew the dash, and the person I got them from had them listed as only made that style for 42 (coloring). My speedo did only show about 24,000 miles when I got the car.

In my research I didn't find any Ford gauges that matched yours but I saw that some 46 models,like station wagons and sportsmans/convertibles used different gauges than ordinary models but neither looked like yours.I also thought Deluxe models might use different than Super Deluxe but apparently not 42s. If military models used different gauges they would be plainer. Perhaps yours is Canadian. Here is a 42 clock which matches the subject speedometer.

Ford%201942%20stem-wind%20clock%20Westclox.jpg?height=240&width=320

Ford 1942 Deluxe, Super Deluxe

Stem-wind dash clock

Westclox

Guest prs519

Not sure about yours in particular, but I do not believe you can necessarily order the dates of vintage clocks based on the thought that a stem wind is always

older. I am thinking both kinds were sometimes supplied in the same year, on the same model car!

Ed,If you look back up to post #9 you'll see that dash is clearly a civilian car. You can't always tell with a staff car because most of the ones you see today were converted civvies. If all the other pics you see show the white and gold gauges and you have yet to find another one with your colors it seems probable that yours are the wrong ones.