1938 Dictator... left in the cold

Guest new2drive

Guest new2drive

I also wanted to post... my wife will NOT let me buy this as I have 4 cars already that need fixed 3 40's & a 49 commander...

A mechanic's garage in a small town near where I live has a 38 Dictator sitting out in the elements... he bought it last year for a steal... but I think he thinks it is worth a fortune... anyway... he is a collector of sorts... up until he bought this car, it was kept indoors in a barn or garage... now he has it outback of his shop and left it there all winter... I almost cry everytime I drive by it. I tried to make a deal with him on it... but he seemed uninterested in anything other than my "best" car... which is on the road... not worth it to me, but almost....

The skiny on the car... before winter this past year... the body was VERY solid... the interrior was ratty and it wouldn't run... I have since learned that the car has a broken transmission and something else... but the engine is good.

If anyone wants info on this car, let me know.. It is my favorite Stude of all time next to the 40... I just cannot swing it and I DON'T want to see it chopped.. and that is exactly what he will do... rod it or let it rot...

Dan

Edited by new2drive (see edit history)

Guest new2drive

Hmmm, the tag on the engine I think ends in "38" and I was pretty sure it was a Dictator... I still have a lot to learn... it is a beautiful car though!