1942 Packard 180 Limo rare prewar

I'm listing this car for a friend of mine. Please don't email me-call the number posted. He's owned it for 40 years and has been stored in his dry, concrete floor garage all this time. It runs but has been sitting for a few years. All original survivor. Original paint. Straight body with only one very small dent. No rust, clean undercarriage. Original interior shows wear. This would be a great car to go thru the brakes, etc. and put it back on the road as is. Here is a link to lots of pictures....

1942 Packard 180 - beautifulsurf's Photos

If interested please call Randy. His number is 404-326-8148. The car is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta is on eastern standard time. Please be respectful and call at a reasonable time. He is asking $20k with room to negotiate.

post-71890-143141900279_thumb.jpg

post-71890-143141900301_thumb.jpg

post-71890-143141900322_thumb.jpg

post-71890-143141900343_thumb.jpg

Wow. This has to be uber rare. Comments on rarity and desirability? This is a 2nd person ad so some comments should be OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Packards42@yahoo.com, I interested in the car.

The last is my wife said I need sell all my stuff if i want another car, and then it should be a small two sitter. After 14 year of marrage, she tell this last week. I garage full of packard parts for 42, spares to last 100 years. and I to find a small modern two seater.

Packard Lover,

Congratulations on a beautiful car. By taking it off the market you might have saved my marriage! I've lusted after such a car since I was a young teenager many years ago. An elderly recluse near my home had several large cars stashed away including one just like this. When I first saw these photos I thought it might be the same car, but his had factory AC, power windows and an intercom. I used to go by and sit in it and pretend it was mine. Unfortunately at that time my entire fortune was something like $20 and he wanted $1,000 for it.

I'm glad this one went to a good home. I'm sure you'll post photos for us to drool over when you get it cleaned up.

Don

• 3 weeks later...

Packard Lover

My wifes plan is to sell all my 25 year collection of 40-42 parts and the car, then discuss a repalcement, There unfortunately just more money and work than I can afford with retirement looking me in the face. My 42 limo will easily cost 30K to finish to presentable interior, wood graining, and restoring 7 wood window frames plus paint, not even show. and the wife would not even discuss replacing it with this one. I have 2 other 42 180 parts car. one 42 formal complete need restoring. 1 1940 160 complete need total restore, but is complete. I working in South America but when the project end I should have time to start the disposal.

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)

Hi West, the car arrived and not to my surprise, it needs a bit more work than I anticipated. Yes, I am happy with it. I have too many projects facing me, so this will sit awhile until I decide what to do. I am not mechanically adept, so I have to rely on a friend, whose rates are very fair. He will start by cleaning the gas tank and lines before preparing the engine to start it. I also purchased the Packard sign, which was hanging on the wall, from the Seller.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 8/6/2013 at 6:40 PM, packard lover said:

:) Gentlemen, lots of talk doesn't buy the Packard. It should be in my garage this Friday. Packards42 are you interested in selling any 1942 parts? Can't wait. Perhaps I should sell my 1941 Packard 120 coupe.

yes,  i selling off my 40 to 42 spare parts.