Fuel problem

My 90 TC has been stalling at the stop signs. Acts like it is either loading up on fuel or starving for fuel. On the freeway at 60 MPH if I accelerate it wants to bog down. I have changed the fuel filter, what else should I be looking for. Anyone else had this problem? Chuck

My 90 TC has been stalling at the stop signs. Acts like it is either loading up on fuel or starving for fuel. On the freeway at 60 MPH if I accelerate it wants to bog down. I have changed the fuel filter, what else should I be looking for. Anyone else had this problem? Chuck

My first thought is to check for trouble codes. If you have access to a scanner, that would be best. Aamco advertises that they do FREE diagnostic scanning on cars. You could try that.

For stalling at a traffic light, that generally is due to a dirty throttle-body. Do a thorough cleaning in the area where the throttle plate closes. Get rid of all the buildup of deposits using carb spray.

Bogging at freeway speeds sounds like low fuel pressure if no other settings have been changed.

Check it out and return with your findings.

Hi Chuck!

My '91 had similar symptoms when my MAP Sensor came unplugged from it's connector. I got a Code 14 and the Check Engine light came on. Like Hemi said, check the trouble codes. I used the ignition switch method (ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON) to get the codes, and then read the shop manual to translate. Here is also a link to a handy list of error codes and what they mean. Fault Codes - Mini-Mopar Resources . I hope this helps. Tom

• 4 weeks later...

My 3.0L has been stalling, especially when turning, and very hard to start. The gas regulator is spurting gas thru the vac line. Just received a new one bought thru E-bay. The unit is a little chrome canister towards front of car from alternator. Take the vac line off, with car running, and wait up to 10min. to see if fuel comes out. Would like assistance on installation, if anyone has been there and done that.