Sign in to follow this  
thirtyfourdodge

What is this car?

Here's as far as I go; Made in the USA, straight 6 maybe an 8, 1931 or 1932, It was a big car.

1932 would have an "X" frame in the center.

The rear bumper looks like something from the mid-1920s. Does not look correct for that frame, to me.

yes, I spotted the wrap around ends on the bumper, similar to DeSoto early K made in mid-late 28...but it can't be that bumper, as the brackets are wrong or homemade.

As far as the rest, I agree, big car, look at how far the front frame horns are from the center of the radiator crossmember. Also, the running board brackets seem fairly far towards the rear. And the round pipe spreader bar on front frame horns is what? Not like 29-30 small mopars. Is is a big Chrysler? is it an 8?

hello fj i opened a thread today trying ti idenify this chassic,the xhaust manifold and front spreader bar looks very similar to my devaux,thats what intrigued me about it,the wheels i dont believe are early but the rest from the running board brkts looks early thirties to me, may be somebody alot smarter than i will have the answer dave

I will change my thoughts to 1929 Chrysler. They have the tie bar at the frame horns and this engine.....

I believe the '31 and later had a rear dump exhaust. The tie bar on this one was used as a towing spot....

post-37352-143141894069_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141894078_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143141894081_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

didnt see fj s post when i posted mine,after 25 years in salt water i guess there would be little if anything usable left,i guess the owner is under water on this project

Some of a 1929 Chrysler frame.....a lot of similarities as far as the running board bracket mounting areas.

post-37352-143141894759_thumb.jpg